Carrier I don't have T-mobile number, how can I unkock a T-mobile locked iPhone5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imfs, May 30, 2014.

1. imfs, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014

imfs macrumors newbie

Hello. I got an iPhone5, but it has carrier lock by T-mobile. I'm not a T-mobile user, so the customer service won't unlock it for me. And I can't find anyone who is T-mobile user!
    I want to buy a T-mobile number to apply unlock, but the T-mobile unlock document says I must use the number for more than 40 days or 1 year, I don't want to wait that long.
    I don't know what can I do now.:( How can I unlock this iPhone5, is there anyone could help me?

2. 617aircav Suspended

3. 869639 macrumors 6502

You only have 3rd party options and they are $100-$150 depending on how fast you want the service and who you buy from.

4. vpndev macrumors 6502

puzzling

I had understood that T-Mo iPhones were unlocked - I don't think they ever had subsidy but I could be wrong on that.

Cheapest way to get a T-Mo number is to buy the prepaid package from Walmart (in-store or on-line). It's about $30.

If you have a T-Mo store somewhere then you might try the people there. They were helpful when I was with them.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

T-Mobile doesn't sell unlocked phones. There is no subsidy but they will not unlock phones unless the customer has paid for the device in full.