I don't have the calculator application? HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Degradable, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Degradable macrumors member

I've only just recently got my macbook - cheers guys for the buying tips I love it :)

Got my 4GB ram from crucial and saved like £50, so cheers!!

Anyway, so I'm loving my MAC (I'm posting this on it now) but today I wanted to do a simple maths sum and couldn't find the calculator application?

I've searched for it, googled whether there are any bugs in it not being installed sometimes? And nothing, so I'm posting here...

The only thing I can think is once moving it to the dock... and then it having a yellow arrow over it (I think because it couldn't find the application) then removing it from the dock and now I can't find it anywhere on my system??

Is there any chance iv deleted it somehow? And if I have how can I reinstall it?

Cheers,

Andy

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

so youve definitely looked in the Applications folder? i.e. click the Finder icon in the dock then click the Applications folder in the sidebar.

3. Degradable thread starter macrumors member

[​IMG]

I have absolutely no idea what I've done, but whatever it is it's pretty impressive that it's no where to be seen... lol.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Use Spotlight to see whether it's been inadvertently moved. If it's definitely nowhere to be found, use Pacifist to easily extract apps and bundles from your install DVDS, the ones that came with the Mac.

Perhaps the install discs let you do a custom install of apps without having to do use something like that, but it's been a while since I've checked...

5. Degradable thread starter macrumors member

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Top right hand corner of your Mac's menu bar. The magnifying glass.

Spotlight also records the content of text file, emails, PDFs and the like. The best way of finding anything quickly.

7. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

If you want to do a really simple Maths sum then just type it into spotlight as well:

e.g.

36 * 78
    4323 + 8493 + 384893
    5304/24

8. Degradable thread starter macrumors member

Hmm the calculations in spotlight doesn't work.

But cheers for the advice, I'll get the installation CDs and see what I can do :)

9. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think the calculations rely on the calculator app. Weird that you don't have it; sorry I can't be more help.

There is a calculator in the widgets as well (click on the trackball to get to your widgets).