I don't have wifi..is it worth getting the touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nasr91, Jun 27, 2010.

1. nasr91 macrumors newbie

Hi
    I live in the middle of no where so I have satellite and I have a aircard for my MBP. I have a ipod and since I cant get a IPHONE cause AT&T covers 97% of the US .......I live in the 3% area not covered.........lol So could I use the cool things on the Touch? or would it just end being a Ipod for my music?
    Thanks

ps
    im not a techie type person so sorry if this is a stupid question.

2. celticpride678

The iPod touch is heavily based on internet. So, you would basically be getting it for the music, unless you can find a way to download apps.

3. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

I don't think it would be a good purchase if you don't have wifi. If I had no wireless at my house or the places I usually go, I wouldn't want the touch.

4. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

With no Wi-Fi, as long as you have a computer you could still use it to watch movies on. That what I though I was going to do with mine until I got Wi-Fi. Now that I've got Wi-Fi I can't see having a touch without it.

5. The General macrumors 601

You probably have some sort of modem through which your computer gets the internet, right? Does it connect with ethernet? If so, order $30 wireless router, wifi problem solved.

6. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

If you are near your MBP, which is connected to the Internet via a presumably 3G air card, you could probably set up a "computer to computer network" in OS X and then connect the iPod touch to that. You may have to go into settings and turn on Internet sharing via wireless.

7. 184550 Guest

You could also get an iPod Touch if you are especially intrigued by the many games found on the App Store. Before I purchased an iPhone I had an iPod Touch and didn't use the internet at all on it. I used it for my music and watching movies and still enjoyed it, mind you this was before the launch of the App Store.

I say that if you want one and can afford it, then go for it.

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

If you can download music, yet not be able to apps?

Sorry, if I'm being stupid.

9. swannyj macrumors newbie

air card router

I too, must rely on an air card for my primary internet. I use a cradlepoint router and so I have wifi with it. I highly recommend cradlepoint, you can check website to make sure it is compatible with your air card, they update regularly. The itouch is so fun and having wifi is nice.

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp