I don't know how to carry my phone

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
this is really annoying me and I though about it before I even bought the iP5.. How am I supposed to carry it when I'm out..? I can't just have it in my hands the whole time and I don't like putting phones in my pocket.. especially this one.

So.. are there any high quality holsters/belt clip type things out there? Not the junky kind that you find on Amazon.. I don't want the phone cased either. just a very nice holster that matches the same quality of the phone..

please don't suggest a "euro style" man bag lol..

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
serious question. Wouldn't a holster essentially be the same thing as putting it in your pocket?

Comment

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
this is really annoying me and I though about it before I even bought the iP5.. How am I supposed to carry it when I'm out..? I can't just have it in my hands the whole time and I don't like putting phones in my pocket.. especially this one.

So.. are there any high quality holsters/belt clip type things out there? Not the junky kind that you find on Amazon.. I don't want the phone cased either. just a very nice holster that matches the same quality of the phone..

please don't suggest a "euro style" man bag lol..
I really wouldn't want to put a naked iPhone into a belt clip.

Comment

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
serious question. Wouldn't a holster essentially be the same thing as putting it in your pocket?
it's just not comfortable, could bend or something and then you have the pocket lint.. etc. Also, I keep my wallet in the left front pocket.. keys on the other side.

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
it's just not comfortable, could bend or something and then you have the pocket lint.. etc. Also, I keep my wallet in the left front pocket.. keys on the other side.
intersting. I don't know anyone who puts their wallet in the front.

Comment

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
I really wouldn't want to put a naked iPhone into a belt clip.
I don't either..that's why I'm wondering if there are higher quality ones out there.

I guess in the winder it's not so much of a problem because I have coat pockets which never get used..

Without that though. I'm at a loss.. Maybe I need to where a suit or blazer everyday..

Comment

dotme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
I use a holster. None of them are built to last, so I just replace mine annually. For the last 2 years I've been using this one from Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Eddie+B..._source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

I like it. My iP5 fits in it, even wrapped in an Incase Slider.

Comment

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
intersting. I don't know anyone who puts their wallet in the front.
Always keep your wallet in your front pocket. Back pocket or inside jacket pockets are a pick pockets dream!
iPhone in leather case with wallet in one pocket, keys in other. That way in busy areas you put one hand in your trouser pocket and you've got it all covered.

Comment

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Always keep your wallet in your front pocket. Back pocket or inside jacket pockets are a pick pockets dream!
iPhone in leather case with wallet in one pocket, keys in other. That way in busy areas you put one hand in your trouser pocket and you've got it all covered.
+1. That's why I keep it there and it won't bend your ID's/cards over time from sitting on them..

Good idea.. those slim leather case/pouch things might work.. I saw some nice ones but never though about putting it in my pocket lol. I thought they would be too bulky or something.

Maybe I should give one a go and see how it works.

Last edited:
Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
been going strong in the back pocket for 20 years....ill take my chances. I don't carry cash and if someone steals your cards and goes on a spree it is not hard to recoup that money from your bank.

plus most of my pants (business casual) all have that little loop at the back pockets or a button

Comment

iAi

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
Holster? DON'T DO IT!

In your situation, buy a case with cover and put it in your pocket.

Comment