iPad Pro I don't know if I like it

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gix1k, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I hold all my iPad's in portrait...never landscape. Sometimes it feels top heavy like it wants to fall on my face. I like the keyboard is reachable with thumbs. I hate the wasted space on home screen. Another row of icons could fit. It doesn't feel too heavy. The size is perfect for bed/couch browsing. Netflix movies look great!! I'll never need the pencil and don't want the keyboard. This thing would truly never need to leave my home.

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I'm exactly the opposite; I almost exclusive use my iPads in landscape unless I'm using iBooks, and now even then landscape makes more sense. I can see the iPP being awkward to use in portrait for any real length of time, unless it's on the table while taking notes. The use of the home screen doesn't really bother me but I tend to organize my apps to an insane degree so that I never even have a full page of icons on any of my iOS devices.

Personally, I love this thing as a travel computer, but having it around the house for media while doing things like cleaning or hanging out around the pool would make sense to me too. I would probably opt for the 32GB model instead though and save some green if I knew I would be around an Internet connection 100% of the time.

3. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

The Logitech Create Case makes for an oddly stable portrait mode stand for the iPad Pro. It may be heavy, but it seems to be pretty solid in terms of stability and protection.

I like using the iPad Pro for reading magazines and technical PDFs now that it's closer to the size of a Letter / A4 paper. If you're interested in propping it up vertically, I've found that Moshi's Versacover design is the best for this purpose. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any variant of it yet for the iPad Pro.

In the meantime, I've ordered the more Y-shaped Ozaki-style iPad case from AliExpress - - it also allows for a vertical standing position, although it's not as stable as the Versacover variant.