I Don't Know If My iPhone is Unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shichiyo, Jul 4, 2013.

1. shichiyo macrumors newbie

I already tried imei.info and it doesn't work.

So I bought my iPhone from a third party store and I don't know if it's unlocked. The person that sold the phone to the store had AT&T before. My phone is on Net10 right now and I have data, talking, and texting with them but I am unable to MMS anyone who does not have an iPhone and I was told that is because my iPhone needs to be jailbroken, because I have iOS 6.1.3.

The reason I want to know if my iPhone is unlocked is because I want to switch from Net10 to T-Mobile and when I called customer service they told me they will not sell SIM cards to consumers who don't have unlocked iPhones.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All you have to do is go to a tmobile store and try one of their sims.
    Or buy a tmobile sim from ebay for $1-2 to test it.

3. trina27 macrumors member

iphoneox.com correctly reflected the status of my 3GS and 4S. (3GS unlocked, 4S still locked)

also iphoneimei.info correctly showed the 4S though I haven't checked the 3GS imei there for comparison

4. shichiyo thread starter macrumors newbie

The iphoneox.com totally worked, thanks. Although there is no way of telling it's the truth. It says my iPhone is unlocked. But what I don't understand is, I thought if your iPhone was unlocked you didn't have to jailbreak it to MMS, so why am I having that problem on Net10?

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

You are likely having that issue because net10 isn't an official iPhone Carrier so iOS doesn't have the needed info for mms. Same thing happened with t-mobile users before it was added

6. shichiyo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, sounds legit. The store's technician I bought my phone from did mention something about T-Mobile consumers having an easier time with MMS. Thanks for the help guys, I have everything I need to make the switch now without said technician charging me $50 to do it himself.