I dont know what to call my blog...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ethical, Feb 23, 2009.

1. ethical macrumors 68000

So I've decided to start writing a blog. Nothing fancy, just one of these blogger ones. I'm in the process of applying to medical school, so am currently going through all the interviews and rejections process that comes with applying to uni. I thought I might join the hundreds of other people who choose to document their experience online in the form of a blog. Only problem is I have no clue what to call it. I'm not a medical student yet, so dont want to sound cocky by implying that i am in the blog title. Possible tips: im a bit of a cynic, im sarcastic, lazy at times (dont worry, im sure i'll make a great doctor :rolleyes: ), like having a rant and as im sure you can guess im fairly unimaginative.

So, I thought that this would be a good chance for some people to spread the wings of their imagination and throw out some suggestions as to what i can call my blog?!

Disclaimer: If you have a really good idea i may be forced to steal it. I do not apologise for this :p

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

3. ethical thread starter macrumors 68000

haha i like it... but i dont know if its a little too vague :p

my sister's fiancee came up with "Take a Luke at my life" (my name is Luke). But i thought it was maybe a little too silly and not direct enough at what i am going to be talking about.

ideally i want something whitty, possibly ironic and at best an oxymoron :p

keep thinking Mac men and women of the internet... i know you can help me!!

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

"Take a Luke at This Rejection Letter from Hollywood Upstairs Medical School!"

5. ethical thread starter macrumors 68000

thats cold man :p

I got my first rejection last thursday funnily enough. Still, I know some poeple who have had rejections from all their choices, so i'm counting myself lucky so far.

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Eh...

"rejection M.D"

"How to write your way to high blood pressure"

" We all fail intern"

" $100,000 fail"

" I have my hopes, dreams and $100k - you have my balls"

" Unpracticed Insurance"

"Diagnosis - not bloody likely"

" Dr. Eventually"

" Co-Pay it forward"

7. ethical thread starter macrumors 68000

fantastic! you're good at this. I love that last one so much i am going to go see if its available!! But i also have to choose between that and $100,000 fail (although im in the UK and we get a loan for tuition fees). We all fail intern is also very good. you sir have a talent for this :p

8. ethical thread starter macrumors 68000

I had a brainwave. What do you think of Dr. Doeslittle?

EDIT: Dr. Doeslittle is taken. I'm going to go with Dr. Eventually. Thank you very much blackfox, much appreciated! If you suddenly get any more ideas please dont hesitate to stick them down here!

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

No problem mate.

I edited my previous post with one more suggestion - my personal fav.

I didn't notice you were in the UK. So with that in mind, I offer one more suggestion:

" Not Happening Soon " (with reference to the NHS, which works on a couple of levels...

good luck.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns