I Dont Know What To Do! Please Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emiiclare, May 1, 2008.

1. emiiclare macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just jailbroke my ipod w/ ziphone but i had to stop the app cuz it had been like 10 minutes with nothing going on and it said u should stop it if that happends so i did and the writing on the screen (codes and what not) didn't go away so i uplugged it restarted it did everything!!! but the codes WILL NOT go away AND on top of that itunes wont reconize it :O plz heelllppp i just bought this on sunday! Oh and its an ipod touch 16 GB.
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Hello, this is a very easyy fix. I'm assuming you are getting the dreaded BSD Root error. Is that the text that is scrolling? BSD Root Error MD Major Minor with numbers after Major and Minor...

All you have to do is force it into restore mode and then use Ziphone or iLiberty to kick it into normal mode.

1. With your Touch connected through USB, press and hold home and sleep until it powers off.
    2. As soon as it turns off, continue holding home until you get the restore screen.
    3. Use Ziphone/iLiberty to kick into "Normal" Mode.
    4. Rejailbreak, but do yourself a favor and stay away from Ziphone. I highly recommend iLiberty and Pwnage.

A Caveat:
    It may take a few tries to get it into restore mode. You can also try, once you've gotten it to power off, to unplug the USB from your computer, press and hold home, and plug the cable back in. iTunes should see it as a device in recovery mode.

Check out iPodTouchFans Forums for many, many helpful threads on this Error