I Don't Know What To Do !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stitch30, May 28, 2010.

1. Stitch30 macrumors member

Hi,

I just wanted to let that out. Today it's the release day for the iPad in Canada. After playing with the iPad while on vacation in San Francisco, I made up my mind in buying a 13'' Macboook Pro instead of the iPad.

But now it's available here and everybody is talking about it ... newspaper, tv shows, on the radio ... everywhere. The compulsive buyer inside of me is shouting out loud BUY IY BUY IT !!!

OMG I must resist since the iPad won't fill my needs as a Macbook Pro would.

Thanks for reading me. Now I feel better.

Stitch

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

The question is, do you trust your own assessment of your wants and needs, and after researching the options, your ability to make a sound choice...

Or, are you a woos and a lemming?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

LOL, jessica.

Stitch30, given the same choice, I would've opted for the MBP too. I'm a "serious hobbyist" musician, so I need the ability to create content, not just consume it.

I must admit the iPad "haz teh seksay", though. The ad blitz is relentless, isn't it?

5. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502a

mcpryon2

Buy the iPad...then buy the 13" MBP anyway. That's how I'd do it.

6. Christina1971 macrumors regular

It's cool, but I just don't see where it enters into my computer life at the moment. It may some day! It is undeniably neat. But for me it just inhabits this "in-between" space -- not quite a computer, not as pocketable as a Touch -- and it is expensive enough that I wouldn't want to buy it without having a specific use for it.

For what it's worth, I was a late adopter with iPods, too. I just didn't see the use of carrying all my music with me -- I still don't, really, but I was given one as a gift and now I use it a few times a month.

I think the second and third versions of the iPad, especially as the App store becomes more mature, will be where the device really starts to shine.

7. Studio Uno macrumors newbie

Wait one month to buy Ipad, go ahead and find a good deal on a previous MBP. Then you will have the best of both worlds, although I think the iPad is missing something important.

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

It's missing YOU, OP!!!

9. Stitch30 thread starter macrumors member

Ok ... went to the mall this morning with a ''not buying anything'' mood. Saw the iPad at Future Shop. It was crazy ... there was so much people waiting to buy an iPad. Sellers were overwhelm by the demand. Suddendly, one of the clerks ask me ''Can I help you ?''. And there it goes ... my mouth saying ''I'll take the 64gb iPad''.

Silly me ... cannot resist. I guess I'm a lemming like somebody said earlier. Now the box is sitting on my desk, unoppenned. I'm asking myself, did I just make a mistake. Oh well, I think I'll keep it and buy my MBP later this year or for next revision.

Thanks.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you've made a horrible mistake and all hope is lost! Don't open the box. Don't return it. Just sit there and think about the trouble you're in! :rolleyes:

11. Stitch30 thread starter macrumors member

That was funny :p

Now the box is open ... I'm a dead man :D

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

R.I.P.

13. palz macrumors regular

If I wuz you (though I envy the fact that the iPad is buyable in Canada), I would make the most of my iPad (I dunno, jailbreak it ;))