I don't know where to post this, but have a legality question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by redstoneaustin, Apr 16, 2011.

1. redstoneaustin, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011

redstoneaustin macrumors newbie

So I looked up online videos and was brought to this forum. I'm not a Mac user, but am almost 40 and have been duped a time or two.

I was linked to this website via facebook: link removed

There is a youtube video on that page, which when I clicked on the video it took me to here: link removed

It seems to be too good to be true, and I was hoping video people here would be able to tell me if it's ok, to sign up for that.

Thank you!

2. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

Looks like a search engine for pirated movies?

Which bit do you want to know about the legality of?

3. redstoneaustin thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, legality of the pirated movies. That's what I thought that was. I've just never seen something move that quick before. I had read about this in the newspapers before, but I didn't know what it looked like. this was the only place I could think of in the search I did to ask. Thank you.

4. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

The word "pirated" is probably your best clue as to its legality or not in your jurisdiction.

It looks like a Usenet search engine.

For my money, I'd rather spend money renting a movie rather than spending hours downloading dodgy rips in obscure codecs.

5. dmchenry35 macrumors newbie

That looked more like newgroups to me and not torrents. Still its pirating and illegal. Though I didn't watch the entire video I know the site in question.

Also this is nothing more than cleverly disguised spam. You're telling me out of that video this site about apple the only place he came to ask or could think of??? If this were my forum I'd delete it.