I don't mind waiting till September 30th before purchasing the iPhone4. Any one else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whocaresit, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Are you going to wait till Sepetember 30th before considering the purchase?

1. YES

14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  2. No, I fell for the free bumper offer.

25 vote(s)
    64.1%
  1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

I don't like the idea of using a bumper case or any case to deal with the iPhone antenna issues. They're being given away for free right now as a way to calm down the enraged users.

Are you among the patiently waiting few, who chose to wait until after September 30th to find out how Apple's going to deal with it next?, before buying the iPhone 4?

[Poll being put up] It's UP!

2. celticpride678

Apple's not gonna do anything to the iPhone 4 to fix the issue so there's no point in waiting.

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

But then there will only be 9 more months until the iPhone 4 GS/5/whatever and your 4 becomes obsolete. ;)

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

If apple come up brand new design with hardware fix on iphone 4, then watch of these whiners unleashed their criticisms on apple. All the tech blogs will be covering the story and every single one of iphone 4 owners will be whining on apple.
    THERE Will no HARDWARE FIX FOR APPLE, PERIOD or they will face major complains from their customers including me.

Is waiting until September 30th a problem? Yes, it is a problem for me because longer you wait, the closer you get to iphone 5. If you not going to buy iphone 4 from launch day to end of summer, then might as well as wait for iphone 5 or wait for refurbished version of iphones. AT&T and Bestbuy has been offering these refurbished models at very nice prices. (As low as 50 dollars)

6. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I'm using a crummy old Verizon phone (Samsung Glyde) with a touchscreen that registers my touch on the entire other side of the screen from where I'm actually touching, so I really can't wait, and my contract expires July 31. I was waiting for white but I put my name on a list for black today, I'm not waiting that much longer. I can always sell it and buy the white down the line. And as far as the antenna issue, my dad and brother both have 4s and I can't replicate the "issue" on theirs if I try, so I'm not too worried (not saying other people don't have a real problem, but I think it's more location-specific, and this area seems fine).

7. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I don't care about the bumper, I just wanted a decent smartphone.

8. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Just returned my second iPhone 4 mostly because 4.01 screwed me, also WiFi and Prox Sensor were annoying, so returned back on my Great 3GS and will wait for them to get everything squared away and maybe buying the 5th Generation what ever it is called.

9. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I was willing to wait until the end of the month for a white one, but I'm done waiting. Nope.

10. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Some of you guys really dissect every statement by Apple. They can't give away free bumpers forever. That's why they're cutting it off at the 30th. There will be NO hardware change.

11. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I wanted a green bumper, so yes, I'll wait for the white. (If like like it in person)

12. draz macrumors 6502a

Well they can change and include a bumper free inside the iPhone 4 box

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

The iPhone 4 is too thin without a case anyway. Just buy it. ;)

14. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I agree with you, which is why I placed my order through AT&T today.

15. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

What he said. Just buy the phone. September 30 is the end of the fiscal quarter. There is no other significance to the date.

16. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Over the past twelve hours, I've talked myself into just waiting for the iP5. Buying a white iP4 was a sure thing until it was delayed indefinitely. Plus if I wait, I get the iP5 for free essentially since I can put a hold on my service while I'm living out of country this fall since I won't be renewing my contract.

17. xraytech macrumors 68030

Nothings going to happen this September.

18. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

The poll choices are weak, you're either a wise & patient thinker as the OP sees himself, or a pathetic boob without a shred of self control, falling for Apple's "Give the moron's a case to shut 'em up" ruse. Is it not even remotely possible that many who are keeping the iPhone 4 didn't fall for anything, we have simply used the iPhone 4 a month & it works for us.

19. LucidPsychosis macrumors regular

If they ever do a hardware fix to the iPhone 4, it would be smart to do it far away from Sept. 30th and to do it as quietly as possible. There will be tons of people complaining (and with good reason) that they are stuck with faulty systems. It would be very bad press for them to leave loyal early adopters stranded. As for me? I will be picking up an iPhone as soon as my Verizon contract expires. I have no idea when that will be (I know I'm eligible for an upgrade in August, but I don't know if that means my contract is up too), but I'm very excited about it.

Of course, there is always the possibility that Verizon gets the iPhone before my contract expires. I doubt that would happen, but that would be cool, because I'm grandfathered into the $30 unlimited data plan.

20. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

+1

21. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone, but my upgrade was after 20 months, meaning 4 months later for the contract's end. You can see all the info on the Verizon site or call, no need for surprises lol.

22. PUCCY macrumors regular

can't wait till the end of September here. I'm actually moving permanently to a different country.