All iPads I don't miss page resizing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AdonisSMU, Nov 2, 2013.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

After a full 24 hours of using the Air, i can honestly say that I don't miss the page resizing to read thing that I had to do when I had the mini iPad. The retina display wont actually rectify that issue...as my the resize issue exists on my iPhone 5s as well.

2. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

You can't compare it to the iPhone 5 because many websites will scale to fit the viewport. So the apparent type size, in many instances, will be quite a bit larger on the Mini vs. the iPhone 5.

When the iPhone went Retina, I remember being able to read much smaller text easily with the added resolution. I could even read the text when switching tabs in Safari and it would zoom out to a smaller card-like preview. I imagine the Mini will be much easier to read with a Retina display.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Agreed. The smoothness of text makes it readable at much smaller sizes.

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be returning or selling (if they launch after the return window) their iPad Airs once they see how amazing the Retina Mini is.

5. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Maybe but they are now very comparable devices so its more about which size fits yours function better.

6. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

i've use my mini for a year and have not needed to resize. might be an eyesight thing?

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

It really is worth asking. I didn't know I needed glasses for years because it was only off ever so slightly. :p

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Since owning the original Mini, I would never think about buying a full sized iPad I will but the Retina iPad and I think I will also keep my current Mini as well. I thought of selling it with 6.1.3 on it but I doubt I will go through with that. I love my Mini!

9. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

What does this mean? What is the page resizing to read thing?

Thanks.

10. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

(I assume) he means pinching to enlarge the page and thus the text is larger and more readable for him.

11. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Ahh, I see. Thanks.

12. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Clearly.

13. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

14. Robster3, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013

Robster3 macrumors 68000

Agree, i went iPad 3-mini-4 for same reasons.

15. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

I would literally be holding the mini iPad up to my face to read this site along with other websites and I have 20/20 vision. Now I don't have to constantly zoom in on every element around a web page. I like being able to just scan the page quickly to get a feel for the content.

16. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

My iPad 3 has always been in a "landscape only" case, so when I first picked up my new iPair and it flipped to portrait & went to MR I was noticing how small the text size was. [​IMG]