"I don't need any more info - I will have a Tablet."

Discussion in 'iPad' started by batchtaster, Jan 26, 2010.

?

I already know I want a Tablet, regardless of what they announce.

Poll closed Jan 27, 2010.
  1. Yes! I already know I want a Tablet and am ready to buy NOW.

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. No! I need more info/I will wait and see/I don't know/everything else.

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  1. batchtaster macrumors 65816

Hands up everyone who is brave enough to say they are determined/committed to buying an Apple tablet right here, right now, without any further information about how it will work, what it includes, what it will be capable of (leaving aside the possibility of it being a major misdirect and not being announced at all).

Yes or no, no grey areas.
    "I don't need a tablet" = no
    "I'm going to wait and see" = no
    "I don't know/haven't decided" = no

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Fixed that for you. Any sensical person will wait for real information before making a decision.

3. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

:eek:
    Yes.
    As a pathetic Apple fanboy, yes, I am going to buy the iDevice (whatever it may be).

In all seriousness, I pretty sure Apple are going to bring out something great, but if it's crap I won't buy it

4. batchtaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Agreed. But that's not always the real world.

P.S. Fixed that for you. "Sensical" is not a word.

5. archre macrumors member

archre

this option is missing, which is certainly true for me...

"Yes! I already know I don't want a Tablet and will never buy it."

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Back in January 2007 I watched Steve Jobs proudly showing off the iPhone prototype and proclaiming the wonders of this new device and I thought, "a cell phone? I hardly use the cell phone I have now, why would I want one of those things?" A few days before the actual launch of the iPhone I watched that same keynote presentation again and this time noticed a few reasons just why I MIGHT want one of those things.....and on Launch Day was in line at my local Apple store to get one. I have never regretted that!

So here we are now, on the eve of another Big Announcement and this time I'm saying to myself, "let's just see what this thing has to offer, because chances are that it's going to have something, SOMETHING that will be so enticing to me that I just cannot resist it"......I know better now than to say, "why would I want one of those things?" when it comes to ANY Apple product! Steve Jobs has a way of convincing me that, yes, I DO want one of those things.....

7. batchtaster thread starter macrumors 65816

ie: No.

Fairly sure I included that option....

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It is a word but its odd that it is not in my Mac's dictionary (and yet no red line go under it) here is the definition. Adjective
    sensical (comparative more sensical, superlative most sensical)
    Making sense; showing internal logic; sensible.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would never say I'm going to buy something without knowing anything about it. Ask this question again tomorrow night and I might have a different answer.

10. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

Without a features v price comparison, my cash is staying in the bank. If Engadget's report of a $1000 price tag is true, there is no way I will be shelling out. That would be above £900 in the UK once sales tax and the 'Apple premium' is added on - it'd have to be pretty special to warrant a price tag like that. I'll what what happens later. The key is price here. I'm not willing to pay big bucks for this, its an additional device.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If it's <$750, I will buy one for sure; if it's between $750 and $1500, I'll flip a coin (2 of out 3, heads means 'yes'). If it's >$1500, I will not buy one.

Yes I'm crazy.

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I will most likely not buy it at all. It appears to be a bigger iphone aimed at pushing content. I'm not interested in that at all. I would however be interested if it turns out to be a scaled down notebook where I can save and edit files, browse the internet and have my own content on it. All indications point to me having to get all my content from itunes so its a no-go for me. I already have the iphone for that.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

14. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

will have to try it out first to make sure but I like what I see.