I don't need leopard after all!!!!!!!

tooshaggy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
SoCal
I was having a problem with my system logging out and wanting to shut down if I left it alone for more than 2 hours. I could not figure out what was wrong with the software and pre-purchased leopard thinking this was an easy fix. Just install a new OS instead of reinstalling tiger and doing hours of updates.

Well, I was looking in the security prefs in the system prefs and the "logout if inactive" was turned on!!! wooo hooo, I must have turned on when I was drinking!
I'm such an idiot!!!!!
:eek:

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
I was having a problem with my system logging out and wanting to shut down if I left it alone for more than 2 hours. I could not figure out what was wrong with the software and pre-purchased leopard thinking this was an easy fix. Just install a new OS instead of reinstalling tiger and doing hours of updates.

Well, I was looking in the security prefs in the system prefs and the "logout if inactive" was turned on!!! wooo hooo, I must have turned on when I was drinking!
I'm such an idiot!!!!!
:eek:
Ahh heh, well like they say "A lesson learned is a... lesson learned".

phillipjfry

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2006
Peace in Plainfield
I did something along that effect
I took my Mac to a friend's house for the night while we played WoW. After a long night of drinking, I figured I wouldn't be playing so much on the machine anymore so (force of habit) I went and clicked the blue apple, and clicked 'log out'
Came back a few minutes later, hmm... still logged in.
Blue apple -> log out
came back a while later, still logged in??
at least 5 more times till I got bored and clicked Blue apple to shut down and realized i stopped paying attention before I clicked "OK"
I hope I find out where that option is to turn that off, and turn it off :)

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
C.U.I. Computing Under The Influence, A very serious crime in many countries :D
If you hit me with Firefox, there's more than an 80% chance i'll die
If you hit me with IE, there's more than an 80% chance i'll live.

Think. Lower your browser speed.