I don't need LTE -- is S3 worth it over S2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Virgo, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Virgo macrumors 6502a

Virgo

I've never had an apple watch. Just a pebble that I don't use anymore. I have airpods which I love. The LTE model AW for me is out of the question due to the extra cost, monthly bill, battery drain, and lack of perceived need.

The series 2, 42mm gold aluminum/midnight blue is on sale at Best Buy for $299. This is the color combo that I want. BUT I usually NEVER buy old technology when the new one is out.. just because I want my devices to last as long as possible.

Is there that much of a difference between the series 3 and series 2, to justify the $60 price hike to $359? (Plus I'd need to purchase blue band separately for the gold watch). I understand it has a "faster" processor and a "barometric altimeter". Don't see any difference other than that.

It will drive me crazy if the apps lag when I need them to open.

I will be a flight attendant next year.. will a barometric altimeter be useful for me due to that? Lol.

I keep going back and forth and this wonder is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

2. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I have both.
    The lag is not significant although it is noticeable.
    S3 is noticeably smoother.
    It sucks that S2 doesn't count flights climbed for me.
    And the talking Siri is very nice on S3.
    $60 difference is justifiable, IMO.

S2 has Ceramic back which is something to consider..

3. newellj macrumors 604

LTE S3 watches have the ceramic back and 2x storage. But that's another $70.

4. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I’m doing the lte model for the extra storage and nicer back. May choose to never activate it or I may for the 3 month free trial to see what I think.