i don't receive email notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vagos1103gr, May 1, 2015.

1. vagos1103gr macrumors regular

anybody else has problem with email notifications to the watch? i have it on custom but i don't receive. i installed gmail application and with this i receive some but not all:(

2. robaroo macrumors regular

Yes. I'm not receiving notifications for my hotmail which is set up for push. Interestingly, I'm not receiving them on my phone either when phone is unlocked. Need to keep testing. I noticed that if I set up a notification but I don't kill/restart the app on the phone, then notifications don't start.

3. vagos1103gr thread starter macrumors regular

how youkill/restart an app on watch?

4. jplusc macrumors 6502a

so its something in the configuration, unless you configure your email to show on your lock screen you won't get a notification. What I did is when into the Watch app, notifications, Mail and chose 'Custom'. Set it up how you'd like and you'll get notifications.

5. vagos1103gr thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, i did that and now i receive.:)

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I've been playing around with the mail notifications. I don't want my email to show on my phone lock screen so i turned that off in the touch id settings section of my phone.

But it does seem that you have to turn on allowing mail to show in notification center for it so notify you on the phone.