I don't that word means what you think it means!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by hokeyWB, Dec 18, 2011.

1. hokeyWB macrumors newbie

Hello World

I just signed up to Match, and I was hoping to use it a certain way...but I don't think it does what I thought it does.

I have a 16GB iPhone, and 50GB of music. I wanted to put the lot into the iCloud, and just have the tracks I listen to download to my iPhone as I listen to them... allowing me access to my full library without having to buy a new 64GB iPhone.

However, nothing I do stops the iPhone from thinking it needs to sync the full library.

Any advice?

Hokey.

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

when the library has been matched/uploaded to the cloud:

You do not have to have all your songs on your phone
    however music does not stream to a phone, it has to be downloaded.
    music can be streamed to a computer. The iTunes Match info says this explicitly.

You can always download and delete once played, but that is a waste.

So what is the point of iTunes match? Given you can syc over wifi in a moment, not much really, except you can be out and about and decided you want to download ripped music without having to go home.

3. hokeyWB thread starter macrumors newbie

That is what I thought... in which case something is broken somewhere :-(

I loaded the library, and push the button... and it tells me it is scanning my stuff... and then that is it. A few of the tracks have a "This track in not eligable..." but nothing gets uploaded or downloaded or whatever :-(