i dont think i can wait for the macbook revision any longer

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SMkdesigns, Sep 5, 2008.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

my plan is to buy the current model used for 750 with box and all under warranty till march 09. is that a good deal. like brand new.

my goal was to wait hoping the gpu would get updated or the macbook pro base price would drop a little. However i am thinking of buying the 750 used model. then reselling it after the new revisions come out.

let me know what you think thanks

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

That's a very good deal as long as it hasn't had any problems which the owner is trying to cover up. I assume that this is not the case, which case that is a great deal.

3. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

4. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Can't wait a few more days at least for the announcement??

5. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

yea and it is lighly used so i figured it would be a great deal and a good rsale value.

6. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

i can wait till the 9th! however its most likly going to be just ipod revisions correct. and i might lose this deal.

7. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Not sure exactly what is being revised but, otherwise that's a great deal, where from?

8. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

That is a good deal, you'll regret it when it is gone.

9. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

where is the deal from?

10. Abhorred macrumors member

$750 for a MBP? If that's from Craigslist or anywhere where you can't physically see/handle the system before purchasing it, think long and hard about whether you want to take such a gamble. For one thing, $750 is the most common price for scam offerings on online listings.

For context: I recently paid $1875 for a previous generation Santa Rosa 2.4GHz, 17" MBP, and my research showed that such a price isn't terribly abnormal. For $750, it's a clear case of buyer beware.

11. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

There isn't going to be any Mac revisions on the 9th

period. It's all about iCrap and maybe a new technology announcement... related to anything that starts with an "i".

Mac updates (not revisions) will be out first part of October.

12. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i think the consensus is that it's just ipods unveiled and not a new macbook. there just might be an announcement, but they probably would save it for another day and showcase the new stuff. do what you want to, but it seems like a good deal

13. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

it's not a MacBook pro it's the current white macbook model for 750 used with box and still under applebcare that's a good deal

14. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

That's a good deal, we've said that countless times. We were however asking about where it's being sold as well as the manner (aka if it's on Craigslist, eBay, or just a friend) to tell you if it is a scam or not.

15. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Actually I wanna know so I can get one if they don't announce the new ones :D

16. CallsignBaron macrumors member

Sounds like a good deal but the revision I am hoping for is that they will ditch the plastic case in favor of the aluminum. There have been a lot of problems with the MacBook case cracking. Case in point here and here. Something to consider FWIW.

17. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

Could not wait for the new macbooks. got a deal!

I took a chance on craigslist with a maccbook and it all worked out well. For the price point of 775 i purchased a macbook 2.1 120 hd current model apple offers. It has never been used. The warranty is good thru may of 2009. Seems odd, however this guy seems to always have brand new macbooks for sale for great deals.

I figured i could sell this macbook, if the revisions or whatever come!

i have had the imac and macbook pro, i have had to downgrade due to college funding however overall i am very impressed with the macbook. i will use hopefully use it to its max potential.. tell me what you think.

about to test out crossover games.

18. kalex macrumors 65816

Nice deal. enjoy it :)

I also got a good deal on craigslist. got the late 2007 model still under warranty for $600 :)

alex

19. SMkdesigns thread starter macrumors regular

i know alot of people say dont use craigslist, and its somewhat true. You need to be curious and read into what people are selling. However you can find some great deals.

20. kalex macrumors 65816

Agree 100%. craigslist is good place to get awesome deals. you have to filter through a lot of crap. some people try to sell their old stuff for more than it costs, but sometimes you get excellent deals.

21. chrisiw macrumors regular

I guess that you could sell it easy, if you wanted to upgrade when the new ones do arrive, they really do fetch allot of money here in the UK.

22. CrimsonTider macrumors newbie

CrimsonTider

Just Curious

If this person is selling lots of new ones for this price then they must be stolen. It doesn't make sense. Apple charges the resellers more than that.
    Maybe there is another explanation though.

23. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

thats what i was thinking ...