I don't think it is possible, but looking at options!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by DrakkenWar, Jun 9, 2012.

1. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

Hey all,

Trying to sort out some options here with a limited budget, so here goes:

My wife's uncle has come to live with us. Through a series of events that is life we have become his guardians. Currently, he has a POS dell tower that came with him that barely runs Windows 7 hooked up to an extra 36" lcd I had in the garage. And while it is working for the most part (he really doesn't do much more than light web browsing). For ease of network administration I would love to get him on a mac. However, the only extra I have at the moment is my 17" G4 iLamp. Is there anyway feasibly to connect this beauty to the T.V.? Or would it be more cost effective to look at a G4 mini for a good price?
    As I said, funds are tight currently, since moving to California employment has been difficult at best to find, and let me tell ya. The income of a TechSeargent in the Airforce for a family of now 5 is really not all that much.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.:D

2. jgc macrumors regular

Does the 36" LCD have a VGA connection?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It is technically possible according to the information here:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_8496789_hook-up-mac-lg-vga.html

The problem you have is the way the ilamp sends it's video signals, It's kinda boring and technical, so I won't post it all here. I think with some appropriate cables and a little fiddling, you may get it to work.

4. DrakkenWar thread starter macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

Thank ya MacMan! As always, good info!

That was a what I was afraid off, I think the easier option will be to find a cheap mini on the interwebs to fit the bill. But thank ya for your quick reply

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45