Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MXChristian11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
With just a few hours remaining, the anticipation is at its peak. We all anxiously await for the clock to strike 10am, not just because Apple is holding it's iPhone event, but also because I believe for the first time, we don't exactly know what is going to be said and done. At least that's what I think.

As the cycle period slowly moved closer to its end, we all knew it actually wasn't. Apple wasn't going to be holding its annual June/July iPhone Media Event and Apple fanatics soon became players in the waiting game. Speculation quickly emerged as to why an event wasn't being held like typical Apple fashion had shown in the previous years. Analysts and Apple sites/blogs were quick to jump to numerous, often profound reasons on why, trying to find an answer we could all agree on. But as time passed there was no real answer. Rumors began pouring in and the social web was abuzz with Apple goodness.

After months of speculation and thousands of reasons on why there has been a setback, people started to become worried. Had iOS been an issue, were there supply constraints, is Apple not going to produce a new phone this year. No one had any answers.

That was then, this is now. As we approach this long-awaited iDay, we arrive with even more questions. With the answers soon to be told, we're in for a great event. Apple has become hush-hush about this specific iPhone unveiling; After last year's mishap, I can see why. Tech's leading company had its biggest product of the year leaked to the public long before its release. Humiliating? Financially harmful? Eye-opener? Sure. Learning experience? Definitely, It was huge for Apple. I'm sure they wouldn't let that happen again.

Apple has kept this one under tight wraps, and especially out of under the influence product testers. They won't let this one slip again. They have consumers scratching their heads, iPhone 4S? How could Apple only release an updated iPhone 4? With all the drama that surrounded the initial launch of the iPhone, would Apple really gamble on a potential deja vu? Maybe.

All this commotion around a possible iPhone 4S sure is taking all the hype from a dramatically re-designed iPhone 5, just what Apple wants. Those leaked parts, inventory listings, iTunes discoveries... all bait for the community. Look past the Apple, see that Apple is the worlds leading company in many areas for many reasons. Innovation for one. They won't provide consumers with anything less than great. An iPhone 5 (re-designed) is just what will send the world into a frenzy, the stock market to go rampant, and potential consumers into a "must have" mentality.

Apple has become a game player. and they're playing us pretty well. Don't be fooled. Be ready to be blown away Apple community, Apple is really going to lay it on us tomorrow. :apple:

kfergiez

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
I really hope that you are right, because if not, it will be a bit of a flop.

CherryJello

macrumors regular
May 30, 2009
once you're blown away by the Assistant feature, you'll forget all about the fact it's only an iPhone4S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.