I don't understand Events and Places in iLife 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stevamundo, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Stevamundo macrumors 6502

Stevamundo

I updated to iLife 09 from 06 last night. Every signal picture that I have was placed into an event. I don't want every signal picture to be in events. I tried erasing pictures from events and emptying the trash. However that did just erase my pictures from the iPhoto library totally. There's has be an easy to tell iPhoto that some pictures aren't events.

Also I tried to manually to mark some of my pictures with locations. However iphoto doesn't remember my location information that I put in. Also the maps are grayed out and yes I'm connected to the Internet.

2. dangerfish macrumors 6502

Well, technically every picture is an event. Something was happening or occurring in order for you to take a picture of it. iPhoto decides what pictures belong in an event based on the date and time they were taken. If you dont think certain pictures belong grouped together in a certain event, you can move pictures out into a new event or move pictures from one existing event into another. If you dont like seeing the pictures group as an event, then just click on "Photos" and you dont have to see the events.
    As for Places, you need to either have a camera with GPS built in or you need to manually enter the location. Click on the "i" (info) button on the photo and it will turn over to allow you to enter the location. It should give up a pop up list to pick from. Click "done" done and it should save it. Works for me.

3. Stevamundo thread starter macrumors 6502

Stevamundo

I do turn my photos on the back by clicking the I icon and enter my location information but it forgets the information as soon as click the done button, because I turned my photo around again the location information is gone.