I don't understand something

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by FatPuppy, Jan 30, 2016.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I use icloud photo library and if I select "Optimize iPhone Storage", won't my photos on my iphone look bad because of the low resolution? I mean, "Optimize iPhone Storage" lowers a photo's resolution, if I want to look at that photo on my iphone, it will not look as sharp and clear as the one with the full resolution, right?

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Isn't the optimized option so that it only gives you lower res thumbnails when viewing your photo library but once you tap into a photo it downloads the full res to your phone?

I could be wrong though. I don't actually use iCloud Photo Library and prefer to manually sync to my device just the photos I want.

3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Yeah, that s what I was hoping myself but I really want to have full res photo when I open it cause I take pics of books and documents.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Like I mentioned. I believe it works exactly how you want it to. When you tap into an individual photo, it downloads to your phone the full res version. This is so not every photo takes up a ton of space. Only the photos you actually access to view. Un-accessed photos remain as lower res thumbnails to save space.

5. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

As lagwagon said. If you choose to optimize it will only download the thumbnails. But when you tap a picture it will download the full quality version. It will stay downloaded until you are running out of space. Then it will auto delete the full quality picture and keep the thumbnail.