I don't understand the whole white thing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Parrotlet, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Parrotlet macrumors member

I don't get all they hype about iphone 4 white ????

I mean it's just a different color right ?

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

3. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Color option... Some want a white phone not a black...

4. Parrotlet thread starter macrumors member

Hi
    I think you are right but white was its flagship color a few years ago, now its silver aluminum :)

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There is nothing to understand other than that is what some people prefer.

6. Parrotlet thread starter macrumors member

I understand its a color option, I just don't understand the big deal some websites are making about it. Anyway, it would be nice to have

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

White is the new black or silver it seems....

Panasonic has the new LX5 in white or black... Pentax produced a couple of DSLR's in white at first - then other colors.

At least the few women that I have shown the LX5 in white to at the shop I work at like it... looks less like a serious camera to them. Maybe the same thing could be said about a white iPhone...

For me I would have waited for a ProjectRED iPhone here....

8. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

It's just a "big deal" in the sense that it was originally expected to be available at launch alongside the black iPhone, and then there were some disappointed customers who wanted it at launch but were obviously unable to attain it.

Some people effectively lost their iPhone reservations, since the white phone wasn't available. And because Apple had simply postponed the release of it instead of canceling it altogether, some people held-off on buying the black one to wait for the release of the white version. But now it appears the wait was in vain since it apparently won't be released anymore.