I dont understand this stuff at all (moved)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by saraisamazing, Aug 23, 2007.

1. saraisamazing macrumors newbie

i dont get any of this im kinda new to my mac and i dont know how to record from my amp to garage band i can do acoustic and the mic picks it up but i want to do electric **** and i dont know how i can use my amp on garage band how can i connect straight to my mac what are the tools i need

and do i really need an hi-z and does my macbook have a/d converter?

please help

2. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Although not the only solution, do some research on FireWire Audio Interfaces.

If you get, for example, an M-Audio Firewire Solo, that will give you two simultaneous inputs. One to plug your guitar directly into (DI - direct input, which is good for playing with the various amp simulators and effects in GarageBand), and one to plug a professional microphone (into which you can sing or stick in front of your guitar amp speaker or acoustic guitar - or whatever).

There's loads on the market to choose from, and it's all you need to start making music. However, you need to be prepared to sit down and work over the "learning curve". Once you've cracked that, making music on GarageBand is a straightforward and rewarding experience. Certainly much more so than on a PC (IMO).

And yes, the Mac does "have a/d converter". The in- and out-audio jacks on any (I think) modern mac are both dual analogue/optical. Does that answer your question?

SL