I Dont Understand This....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hydrocity, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2010 9:47 AM - Clearance in progress - MISSISSAUGA, ON

Jul 10, 2010 8:16 AM - In transit - MISSISSAUGA, ON

Jul 10, 2010 2:29 AM - Departed FedEx location - MEMPHIS, TN

Jul 10, 2010 1:01 AM - Arrived at FedEx location - MEMPHIS, TN

Jul 9, 2010 4:08 PM - Departed FedEx location - ANCHORAGE, AK

Jul 9, 2010 6:09 PM - In transit - MISSISSAUGA, ON

Jul 9, 2010 12:42 PM - Arrived at FedEx location - ANCHORAGE, AK

Jul 9, 2010 4:27 AM - In transit - MISSISSAUGA, ON

Jul 9, 2010 11:51 AM - In transit - LANTAU ISLAND HK

Jul 8, 2010 9:42 PM - Left FedEx origin facility - SHENZHEN CN

Jul 8, 2010 7:31 PM - Picked up - SHENZHEN CN

Jul 8, 2010 4:07 AM - Shipment information sent to FedEx

-------------------

It seems to me that my iPad has been to Mississauga like 3 times...Am I missing something?

Any right now it says 'Clearance in progress - MISSISSAUGA, ON'. What does that mean?

Lat question, since it is Saturday, can I expect anything to change? Or does Fedex not operate on Saturday?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Not sure why it went back there, unless you live there or they made an error. From my experience FedEx does operate Saturday so it should change, however I could be wrong.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

They usually do continue moving over the weekend. Right now, at least, it appears you're waiting to clear Customs in Ontario. Once that happens, it should proceed to the hub nearest your home for delivery.

Why it went back and forth--who knows? Could be a mistake. Could be remote data entry from another FedEx system that simply makes it look that way. Unless it's behind schedule, it's nothing to worry about.

4. VNM macrumors member

The whole time it was on it's way to mississaga, and passed through anchorage and memphis on the way there. Now it's clearing customs. the "in transit" to Mississaga means that's the final destination, the "arrived" and "departed" are for the cities it's currently in.

5. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys, I live in Alberta which is halfway across the country. Fedex is giving me a delivery date of the 14, and it has been that way since it shipped. Since its already in Canada, I expect it to go to my city next, but unless they are going to ground ship it i might get it early, wont I?

Edit: The tracking system still shows it saying 'Clearance in progress - MISSISSAUGA, ON'. Its been about 12 hours. I wonder how long this process takes...

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

In the US, from Customs to the next departure could be an hour, or it could be two days. My iPhone 4 bumper was in and out in record time; the phone sat with no other status changes for over 36 hours...then "magically" appeared at the next stop without ever showing a departure from the previous one. There's just no way to tell.

But I'd assume your iPad will likely be delivered Monday or Tuesday. My phone was listed for delivery on the 13th; it arrive yesterday instead. Those delivery dates are really broad estimates.

7. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

It gives more hope for an early delivery. All though I hope for the same for my MacBook Pro. Its been sitting in Louisville for 3 days:mad:...UPS said it should be here on Thursday, but hopefully that will come sooner also...

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Relax, lol. I understand you're restless to get your ipad and I've been there... it should be there in the next 4 days :) Until then, find some nice apps for it lol.

9. Hydrocity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will do

10. azar90 macrumors newbie

I know I am replying some 5 years later (just joined this forum), but I know that this page shows high up in Google when people search for the same question. So I'm just going to leave a reply explaining that the first time around, the physical product was not IN Canada. They sent customs information to Canada customs, who then advance-cleared the shipment so that when it finally physically arrives in Canada, it can proceed quickly to delivery. I hope this answered your question :)