I dont understand why Apple Need AT&T They Suck !!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chef On The Go, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Chef On The Go macrumors newbie

I really love the iphone but Apple need to take their head out their ass and get AT&T out of the pic..

I live in a City were 3G is every were but I never get 3G ... i brought my iphone 1 week ago from AT&T and having problems with the service so I took it back to AT&T because like I said I'm not getting 3G ..

They told me that I need to go to Apple because its their phone and they can't service it... I said why not its as been 1 week give me a new phone they said they can't... i took it to apple and they would give me a new phone but it will be a service replacement ... Why after a week I have to get a service replacement, why can't I get a new phone.. They said because i didn't buy it from them.

This is bull Apple and AT&T needs to have things setup better, AT&T is this sitting back making $$$$ and don't care I'm not getting my $30 a month data plan.. So I can't get a new phone because AT&T will not exchange it so I have to settle for a service phone after 1 week is this fare people

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Where is the "City" ?

I can get 3G everywhere; you need to get your phone fixed.

3. Chef On The Go thread starter macrumors newbie

I Live In San Fransico

I want a new phone i shouldn't have to

1. get this phone fixed
    2. get a service phone

I should this get a new phone because it hasn't been 2 weeks

do you people agree or not

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

If your phone's busted, then ya ... get a new one.

5. carlgo macrumors 68000

Hardly everywhere. And 3G is even less. AT&T only cares about the large population centers because there are more customers there.

I have hopes that the law will say serve everyone (within reason), or non.

6. Chef On The Go thread starter macrumors newbie

Well AT&T will not replace it !!!!!

So how do a get a new one

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Of course when I said everywhere, I meant within the "city"; sorry I didn't clarify that.

8. KeegoSupremo macrumors member

9. Chef On The Go thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes the 3G is on

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

They offered you a refurbished phone which is EXACTLY the same as a new one.

Take it. Problem solved.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Really? Are you posting from there now? Just curious. If so, which restaurant do you work at? Or at least, where is it roughly? We could look up AT&T's supposed coverage for that area.

I have to say, you've had an almost unbelievable string of bad Apple luck over the past few months, and yet, for some reason, you seem to keep buying their products. As a hint, btw, consider turning on spell checking:

Spelling.png

12. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

How many cell towers does Apple own?
    :rolleyes:

And before you say, they should go to Tmobile etc.... well they all suck in terms of service to someone.

13. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

AT&T was the only carrier to take it up to the rear from Apple.

14. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

if you came out with a product, and your goal was to make as much money as possible from it. then a company came up to you and says we'll pay you X amount of money for everyone that gets sold. so you not only get almost twice as much for each device, but you also get a huge up front payment to sign the contact initially

of course you would do the same thing. remember, it's only true if you're goal is to make as much money possible. . .and that's the case with apple(and really any company).

15. Lumbergh macrumors newbie

I've actually had very good experiences with AT&T so far. Switching to them for my iphone was very simple and the CSR's were pretty nice. As far as 3G goes, I don't have it where I live anyway :-/. But it's ok.

16. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

I have had absolutely no complaints about AT&T.

17. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

I have not had any issues with AT&T's 3G coverage in San Francisco. Their coverage across NorCal is pretty awesome as well. Significantly better than Verizon (and I have a corporate cell and aircard using Verizon, so I'm pretty familiar with how well both networks perform.)

Sounds like a phone issue, not an AT&T issue unless you spend all your time in some obscure dead zone all day long, but AT&T is easily the carrier to have in the Bay Area.

18. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Apple will

A: Not fix your iPhone
    B: Because they simply replace it for free
    C: You'll get a refurbished phone that is better than a new phone

You got a new phone and it's messed up right? Why would you want another new one when you can get an iPhone that has all new parts, has been tested and looks and works like a brand new iPhone?

19. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Make a Genius appointment and take it to an Apple Store.

20. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

couple things... most likely is your sim card, rarely is it the phone. second, yes all iphone replacements are done through the apple store, which is how THEY wanted it, dont blame att. third yes i know its only been a week, but your phone is used, so therefore they will replace it for a used one, even swap. if its a working one whats there to complain about??

try the new sim, if not, then the phone.

21. Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

22. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When Apple went to the other companies, they weren't interested in the terms of the deal that Apple wanted. On the other hand AT&T was.
    So what do you expect Apple to do? Lose money and control by going with Verizon? Or keep control and make a ton of money by signing with AT&T? If you expect the former, then you're obviously taking some really good drugs . . . and you need to share.
    I live in Dallas and I get 3G in most places (except in places that block the signals). If I'm out in BFE, I don't expect 3G and I don't get 3G.

23. daflake macrumors 6502a

I went to Frisco a few months ago and have to say that the 3G coverage there is horrible. I never had a good 3G connection. I stayed by the airport but I did do some traveling around town. Either way, it was not the greatest. Sounds like AT&T need to get their network fixed.

24. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

This is like buying a car that runs on diesel, and then complaining that you hate that you have to run it on Diesel Fuel :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

25. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Just unlock it and run it on unleaded. Sheeze.