I don't want a camera, much less two

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robert Spoecker, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Robert Spoecker macrumors member

I am a photographer and already have several digital cameras. I don't need or want one on my iPad or cell phone. Enough is enough.

What I want is a software upgrade that allows uploading via USB with the connector accessory kit. I hate syncing and hate that I can't delete certain images easily. I want to be able to import images that retain their names with the option to rename them on the iPad and organizing them in folders sorted like I want.

what OS version am I going to have to wait for? lol :mad:

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

3. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Well I'm not a photographer, and I like there is at least one camera for FaceTime. I also love having a camera on my phone. Maybe you can get what you want in iOS 5. Remember, this product is meant for the masses.

4. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Ur just angry for nothing. There will never be USB

I'm not a photographer either and I love that the are not 1 but 2 cameras on the new iPad. Actually, I love everything about the iPad. I'm a simple user. There is nothing the iPad doesn't have that I want at this time. It's everything I want and need.

5. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I can confirm that Facetime is awesome on large screen. I'd love to have it on my lap instead of having to stare at a monitor on a desk.

6. Robert Spoecker thread starter macrumors member

I still don't want a camera

Computers are meant for the masses also. I believe that syncing and the Photos app on the iPad is a lot less friendly than the folder systems on either Macs or PCs.

Ok, that may be because of years of using desktops and laptops. :D

7. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I don't need a camera either. But since plenty of people do want one and the price is the same I'm not seeing the problem.

8. Robert Spoecker thread starter macrumors member

With the connectivity kit there is already USB.

9. poloponies macrumors 68030

You'll get no argument from me that it's less friendly. And maybe it will be improved in its next software iteration. But the iPad is not intended to be a one-size-fits-all substitute for a desktop or notebook. If you're serious about your photography then stick with a notebook, don't bother waiting to get notebook functionality in a tablet.

10. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Then the iPad 2 isn't for you. Why not stick with the iPad 1? If you don't need the cameras, don't use them. Some find them useful and the price didn't go up so who cares. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Less people in line on the 11th is good.

11. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I agree that it is a pain, but it isn't much of a deal for me. You being a photographer must make it 100x worse. You'll probably get more pissed off when iOS 5 somes out.

12. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I am photographer too, but I need camera for Skype and Facetime. Pretty lame post to me, maybe you are film photographer? :)

13. urkel macrumors 68030

If you're really a photographer then you would have more respect for the permeation of cameras in everything AND the iPads photo adjustment/manipulation abilities. So many amazing pictures were taken with a camera phone because it's more about the moment than about the equipment.

But if it really bothers you that much then you can borrow a square of masking tape from me. I keep it in my DSLR bag (which usually gets left at home).

14. iserian macrumors 6502

Agree - I can't see myself using the Ipad as a camera unless the quality was significantly better than my Droid X or Iphone. Don't need them but at the same time always nice to have them just in case.

Like others have said I find FT kind of a gimmick when used on the VIP4 -- having said that I would like to see it in person on the Ipad - not sure I want to try it out for 600-800 though.

15. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you hate it that much, just don't use it. Otherwise, there's always duct tape.

16. Robert Spoecker thread starter macrumors member

What did I post that makes me come across as pissed off? I am just posting an opinion, which is what I thought this forum was about.

Oh and bye the way I already have a Macbook pro which I love but it is somewhat more cumbersome to take with me while I am out doing my photo thing.
    :) :eek: ;) :) :) ;) :eek:

The above line is to let everyone know I am happy, not pissed off.

17. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Hmm... every sentence in OP's rant starts with "I". Is it true the world revolves around him? Just looking for clarification.

18. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Then feel free to buy something else, or an iPad 1 which I happen to use to download and basic edit a ton of pictures I take with my Canon Mark IV. It works great and is nice to see the pics on a larger screen right away. You'll need 64GB as you can fill the iPad quickly along with your other stuff.

19. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

The pedant in my can't help but point out that two of the sentences actually start with "what". I take your point though.

Carry on everyone. :)

20. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

Man...Basic edit with 5K camera? It is like to do basic shopping driving on F1 racing car :) Learn photoshop etc. It is in pair with mine mk IV and several TB of free space on pc.

21. Robert Spoecker, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

Robert Spoecker thread starter macrumors member

I would start ever sentence with Chupa Chupa but I do not know you or what you stand for so I will just continue with my opinions.

And why so nasty to me? What did I ever do to you?

22. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Perhaps you took my post incorrectly. I know Photoshop inside and out. I shoot in RAW/JPG mode. When I am out and about, on a trip, etc... I simply like to download my jpg. photos to my iPad and enjoy viewing them right on the spot. If I feel like it, I can do basic touchup if there is something I want to email right then, or post to a group, all from the iPad. Of course when I get home the RAW files get the full computer / photoshop treatment if needed.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm not a fan of cameras on the iPad either. Nor of half the photos or links to videos that people send me, nor even of the ones I take on my iPhone.

I (being very close to the center of the universe LIKE MOST PEOPLE NOWADAYS) see nothing wrong with the opinions of the OP.

otoh some of the subsequent posts were entirely uncalled for.

Yeah i'm in curmudgeon mood, sosumi. :) ;) :D

24. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You probably shouldn't buy one.

25. unr1 macrumors regular

on the other hand, I wanted cameras for webcam with the folks :)