I drop my moacbook Pro Screen is Crack, will squaretrade replace it or refund?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Miclover, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Miclover macrumors newbie

I drop my macbook pro on accident in class it i actually left it to far off the edge because desk is small and i was trying to copy down notes and it crack my screen. I was wondering if squaretrade would fix it or give me refund if they are going fix it i would rather go do to local shop because they told they are going to charge me a hundred bucks for it. I want to save my insruance because i still have liek a little bit over 2 years left i got my laptop like 8 months ago. Does anyone know what squaretrade will do? If its refund i can get new i5

2. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

Firstly, file a claim with them. Even if you aren't having them service it, you need to let them know it's been damaged.

Squaretrade: File A Claim

Secondly, contact them to find out if they'll fix it or replace it. We can't tell you, because well, we're end users, not SquareTrade employees. My guess is they'll fix it.

If you're in the US, dial 1-877-927-7268, or +(44) 0808 189 1453 in the United Kingdom.

----------

EDIT: If you did NOT buy ADH, you're screwed out of a MBP.

[​IMG]

3. Miclover thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

If you get into a car accident, but you don't have the insurance fix it, you still tell them, right? The same applies to electronics warranties. Even if you don't have the insurance company service or replace the computer, if you have the computer serviced without SquareTrade being notified, the warranty is considered null and void, since they no longer have an accurate service record of the machine.

5. rault18 macrumors member

rault18