Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aivaras714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
so i droped my dslr from about 0.5m. It still takes pictures but they have a massive black spot on them and i realy wanna know is it repairable.Please reply if you can help .

anewman143

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2008
so i droped my dslr from about 0.5m. It still takes pictures but they have a massive black spot on them and i realy wanna know is it repairable.Please reply if you can help .
First - swap lenses. If all better, then the lens is the problem, not the camera. If the problem remains, you need a trip to a camera repair shop or the manufacturer - don't see any way around that.

Good luck - that must have been a terrible feeling as it fell...

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like something came loose and is sitting on the sensor. Hopefully just a clump of dust/dirt but I say take it to a reputable camera shop and ask them to take a look inside.

Welcome to the club...been there and done that.

~ Peter

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
If it is something on your sensor, you might be able to shift it yourself. Just lock the mirror up turn it upside down (without a lense) and give it a gentle shake. See what falls out. Or if you have a rocket blower, give it a good blow out.
Save whatever came out though. It could be part of your camera!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Regardless. The answer is to buy a Sony.... :)

I am just kidding!!!!

Post an image taken with it, go into options and lock the mirror up (or put it in live view mode) without lens on it and look at sensor no touchy touchy though... Dont go all fingers and thumbs messing your sensor up thinking you can shift it.

I think you may need it looked at.

Hope it works out ok.

aivaras714

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
live vie
Regardless. The answer is to buy a Sony.... :)

I am just kidding!!!!

Post an image taken with it, go into options and lock the mirror up (or put it in live view mode) without lens on it and look at sensor no touchy touchy though... Dont go all fingers and thumbs messing your sensor up thinking you can shift it.

I think you may need it looked at.

Hope it works out ok.
live view doesn't work i think there is a troblem with the mirror
[doublepost=1454697648][/doublepost]
Sounds like something came loose and is sitting on the sensor. Hopefully just a clump of dust/dirt but I say take it to a reputable camera shop and ask them to take a look inside.

Welcome to the club...been there and done that.

~ Peter
Took it to repair shop and left it there. Thanks for your help :)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
live vie

live view doesn't work i think there is a troblem with the mirror
[doublepost=1454697648][/doublepost]
Took it to repair shop and left it there. Thanks for your help :)
Hope it's a cheap repair. Could just be a cable come lose inside. These things are designed to take a knock or two.

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
I dropped my D700 with 24-70N back in 2012 at the Disney World. I heart dropped with it... Long story short, I costed me about $300 some to replace the front lens. Since then, I sold my D700 (not because it's broken but for the D750) but the 24-70N is still going strong. I hope the same luck with yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.