i dropped my itouch on the floor

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by clueless19, Apr 28, 2009.

1. clueless19 macrumors newbie

Okay so heres the issue
    Yesterday i dropped my itouch on the ground... im not really sure how high but it feel on a marble tiled floor.. the issue well it doesnt turn on at ALL
    but theres absolutely no scratches or the screen isnt cracked or any other damage on the outer layer is not visible. seriously the screen doesnt even turn white.. what do you think the problem is ? a shift of the battery or something else? does anyone know if its fixable? i was going to experiment myself but seriously im not taking the risk. How much would it cost to repair?
    please reply asap im in desperate need

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Well, since the only possible diagnosis is to read a post on an internet forum, I think the problem is "it's broken." :eek::eek:

Seriously, nobody here is going to be able to help with this. You need to take it to someone who can look at it and assess the damage. Only then can you get any insight as to whether it can be fixed, or how much it will cost.

3. Resist macrumors 68030

The only way to know for sure is to open it up and find out. The circuit board could have crack or the battery cable could have popped off.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

You only have two options: open it up or take into an Apple Store to see what they say. I don't think they open up things like iPhone's or iPod Touch's to diagnose problems on the spot, they just tell you it's broken and sell you a new/refurb one.

5. scull20 macrumors newbie

I just went through a similar issue with my iPhone 3g, except my screen turned on...and stayed white...and the touchscreen still worked, but it was sporadic. I made an appointment at my local Apple Store. The Genius took my phone in the back and opened it up to check to see if the screen connection was loose (or so he says). After about 10 min, he came back out and was unable to fix my screen...so I was given a replacement free of charge.

P.S. The issue came about as a result of me dropping my phone...I DID NOT tell the Genius this, as my phone showed NO physical signs of being dropped.

-Ryan

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Seriously?!
    :eek:

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Nah, they were joking, put a band aid on it and your iPod will be fine :p

:)

9. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

:eek:

The conspiracies, but i took notes.

[​IMG]

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

That gave me the best laugh in a while, thats awesome :D

11. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

No, I was serious - I was pointing out that there's no way to diagnose or troubleshoot a broken iPod over the internet. The only conclusion we can draw without looking at it is, "it's broken."

Hopefully the OP will realize this and take it to someone for service.

12. clueless19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah im not asking you to fix it online genius clearly im asking if neone can relate to this problem because other ppl have broken ther itouches so maybe they can help me with what i should do.. thats the reason for this forum stuff anyways isnt it not for you to smart mouth

thanks to those who actually attempted to help im going to go the store and fix it i hope it works (yn)

oh btw my screen turned white at first but then i pressed the square and power button n now it doesnt turn on at all

13. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Just for future reference, the "square button" you speak of is called the home button. :)

14. clueless19 thread starter macrumors newbie

just to let you know
    i dont care what its called:)
    im sure ppl understand the "square button" common sense right

15. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Have you got insurance ‘casue you could claim it.

If you're 100% sure there is no sign of damage you could take it to your friendly Apple store to seek a replacement (if you don't have an ethical problem with this).

If they send it away and open it to find the circuit board is cracked they'll know you dropped it and might not fix it for free.

Personally I'd curse and cry, then smile as I could justify buying a new model (iPhone) if there is an upgrade in June.

16. clueless19 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL... yeah i did the whole crying cursing thing already that was my first reaction.. im going to try to get it fixed somewhere on the weekend that is.. it depends on what my parents decide since ther paying for it .. thnx for the advice though very helpful (y) :)

17. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Common sense is that it's the home button, since when you press it, it brings you "home". Also, the screen went white because you activated the screenshot feature. Some folks wonder why some of us get snarky on here. Lastly, who is neone? :)