I dropped my MBP 13" 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iGlass, Jun 2, 2011.

1. iGlass macrumors newbie

iGlass

I did the Disk Utility verification and I checked every other things. It seems to be alright. No major physical damage visible except for a little scratch on the lit. It was about 1.5 feet drop so I don't think it's going to be anything severe to the system. My question is that, what should I do now ?? because I don't want to see my Macbook dies after the next 2 weeks or 4 weeks.

2. Waynec macrumors member

im sure the macbook can stand a drop of 1.5 ft I have dropped one accidentally from 4 ft and it was ok, I wouldn't advise doing that but accidents happen im sure Apple must do quality control to test these things, thats what you pay for quality, one would expect an apple to be able to stand a wee bit of mishap

my solution would be to relax and enjoy your laptop, and please take it easy and make sure you aint got sweaty hands when carrying it, reason mine slipped out my grip

3. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

4. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

The hard drive would have been the most likely candidate for problems, but the anti-drop sensors would have taken care of that. You should be fine :)