I erased my iphone and now I need help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mjq1986, Jan 7, 2009.

1. mjq1986 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone

I went into the settings and in the reset portion, I erased all the content and eventually my iphone completely...Now a white apple is appearing on the screen but nothing happens other than that. Can anyone tell me how can I restore my settings. Oh and I'm in Pakistan using an unlocked one so keep that in mind please.

Thank you

2. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

3. mjq1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

quickpwn???

Whats that? I'm sorry my knowledge about gadgets and stuff like this is quite limited so whatever you suggest, do explain about it in detail.

Thank you

4. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

5. mjq1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

It didn't work...When the main screen of quickpwn opens, it is unable to detect any device :-(

6. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

7. mjq1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I already started doing that and put the phone in DFU mode as I read about it on another website but still thank you so much for helping me out. Thats really kind of you. Thanks once again.

8. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

you're welcome life's boring without any problem ;) now you know how to restore, put it in dfu mode, j/b & unlock it too. enjoy your phone

9. mjq1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now iTunes is downloading the latest version which is 2.2 and then its going to restore it. After that I'm sure, the phone would be locked. I should use quickpwn then to unlock it and start using it or is there any other procedure too?

You are right. When one encounters a problem, the best part is when you have actually found a solution. I have been going through this problem the whole evening and its 3 am at my side and I'm so happy that finally I have found the solution infact in future if I ever encounter any such major issue, I can easily resolve it without any major problems :)

10. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

after restored you'll see "slide for emergency", use quickpwn if you see that. make sure you download the right firmware file for quickpwn