iPad mini I expected to be impressed by the new Minis...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DJinTX, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DJinTX macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2010
    ...and Apple has delivered the goods, yet again. Awesome design and build quality. As you can guess, I am firmly in the "i don't need no stinking retina" camp.

I can't wait to get it. Now I just have to (a) find some 16gb models in stock, and (b) decide on a freakin' color already. I feel like an indecisive12 year old (I'm 39), but I have seen them in person and still cannot decide which color I like better. Black front and silver back would be perfect.

Oh well, it's probably good that they are all sold out right now because I'm not sure how I would decide. Pin the tail on the donkey perhaps? Or maybe my Ouija Board can tell me :)
  2. Art1stic macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2012
    Not sure what op is asking.

Get the mini though you will love it!!!

I definitely love mine
  3. nfl46 macrumors 604

Oct 5, 2008
    And you couldn't put your opinion in the 2390293 others Mini topics?:rolleyes:
  4. dthree36 macrumors regular

Feb 4, 2008
    It's a good looking piece of hardware. I was not impressed with it as much as others. I actually returned my black mini after 24 hours. The screen was better than my 2 but... Well it's the exact same hardware as my 2 except for the camera and screen size. I could justify almost $500 to keep a device that didn't offer me much more than what I had. Portability just didn't do it for me to spend my money and be 100% happy. I doubt Apple releases a new batch of redesigned iPads in the spring but if they do... I will be more willing to part with my money. I can wait for next year for a product that should be far better than just repackaging old technology.
  5. falconeight Guest

Apr 6, 2010
    Retina is nice but the iPad 3 and 4 are fat, heavy, and not much more portable than a mac air.
  6. DJinTX thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2010
    I wasn't asking anything really, just expressing my enjoyment of the product, and sharing that I am really having a hard time deciding on color.

Nope, I wanted my own thread. I'm selfish that way.
  7. TJ5921 macrumors regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah ultimately regular sized iPads are too big and heavy. Most who purchased the 4 will be disappointed next year when they release the iPad 5 with a much slimmer and lighter for factor, sexier design overall.
  8. Mikhailov macrumors regular

May 3, 2010
    I never thought the iPad was fat or heavy until I held a mini. Now I'm thinking of selling my iPad 3 for one despite the lack of retina. Funny how that works.

Apple, you've sucked me in again.