I feel bad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benlee, Apr 26, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

because I have been saying "who cares about the iPhone." I was bored and just looked at apple's website and man i want one now. The only probably is I have verizon. That thing is amazing though.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

haha. i want one. but i must restrain myself from actually going to a store and playing with one when they come out. then i won't be able to help myself.

3. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

4. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

was trying to spark some interest but all i got was a condescending comment

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The problem is that nobody has ever used it. Apple is selling this on hearsay. Lets see the reviews after people get to use it.

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

And I'm buying one on hearsay, as close to launch as humanly possible. :D

7. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

you started what has to be the millionth pointless thread based on hearsay and conjecture and given you have been slagging it did you expect anything but condescending posts?

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I have been sick of hearing about the iPhone since day 2 of its announcement. I wish Apple would of kept quite about it or just released the damn think within a month of MW. The last think I want to hear in a month is boy this thing sucks after everyone raved over something that nobody has even touched.

9. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

I think apple is notorious for announcing products so far in advance. Most people are probably less interested now than they were when it was just announced. Does anyone know why marketing wise they would do this? There has to be an explanation because it doesnt take 6 months to "get the word out"

not sure what "slagging it" means. Sorry that i wasted your time and made you respond. Not all posts are going to connect with everyone. Sorry this one didnt do it for you, I'll try harder next time. But really what does slagging it mean?

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Apple had nothing else to show at MWSF so they were forced to tease the iPhone.

11. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

not a bad theory. Now in June they are going to have too many things to show (hopefully). But again they are gonna show leopard 4 months ahead of time. Just to give everyone blue balls.

12. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Yeah! This is MacRumors. That shoulda been posted on MacHearsay or MacConjectures! :D

13. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

yes and every post on this site is RUMORS. I still dont see how it is hearsay anyways. Its on their site! may not be 100% accurate but i'd bet most of the stuff is going to be in the final product.

Let people use the forums to discuss things without you butting in with your half-witted condescending attitude please.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Its hearsay because Apple is promoting this as the next best thing without any second hand proof.

15. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

yeah but i trust apple.......kindof.......ok you got me on that one. But we can reasonably assume. it'd be a bad business move if it wasnt what they claimed.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

1. the FCC might have told Apple to change some things. 2. companies do it all the time, they will over hype something to sell it then claim well we never promised that.

17. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Um, lighten up, cowboy. My comment was completely in jest, pointedly absurdist, and not aimed at you. (I am in full command of my wits, thank you, and certainly not condescending. Occasionally snarky, but never condescending ;))

If you took offense at what should obviously been a light-hearted jab at pretty much everyone getting their panties in a wad, I sincerely apologize.

Life's too short to get cranky about forum comments, don't you agree?

18. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

John i think he meant me but for a newbie he has little respect!

Your first post was pointless, it had no point to it. That is my issue with it! There is no question, no substance, nothing! Its a one lined post! At least post something of substance or with some actual meaningful content!

EDIT: Oh no sorry he was quoting you! :) oh dear :)

19. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Eh, don't worry about it. Some people just wake up on the wrong side of the bed every day and do nothing but be negative. If someone doesn't like a post, they have a right to ignore it or contribute to it in a meaningful way. Otherwise, they are being hypocritical with their "useless" and condescending commments -- the same thing they blame on the OP. My two cents.

20. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

Thanks. I was beginning to think i was overreacting a little bit. and maybe i was. I dont know.

I do agree that life is too short to get cranky about forum comments. And I recognize your position and why you took a light-hearted jab. My point is that we have the right to post what we what on here...just as you have the right to make comments.....so...... like you said life's too short...

Eenu....You have to earn respect. Sorry, just because you are a "demi-god" on macrumors doesnt get you my respect. However, after looking at my original post i agree it was kind of pointless. But nobody was home and I need to vent my yearning for the iphone...

21. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

Ben it was not just me i was referring to when it came to respect. The cold hard bottom line is i pay for MacRumors......ie i and other put our hard earned cash in to help pay for servers and bandwidth etc. Posts like yours (which you have now agreed was pointless and fair play for admitting that) take up space and waste bandwidth on views etc etc. Whilst i am all for you posting on the iPhone my criticism is there was no substance to your post bar one sentence that meant nothing to anyone except you. We get hundreds if not thousands of posts like that day in day out and in all honesty they start to grate.

Now i know someone will reply with 'but you are using space and bandwidth bothering to reply'! Well yes i am! And i am doing it to let the OP and other newbies that read it know what kind of posts get a bit on peoples nerves.

Ben, don't take it personally.....you could be anyone or any newbie the same would have been said.

22. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

Wow. I had no idea. I do understand where you are coming from, even more so now. Eenu, thank you for the mature, well-formed explanation. Now you have my respect. Thanks again.

23. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

24. BilltheCat macrumors regular

BilltheCat

I'd like one also but am old enough to know to wait until they come out an are field tested awhile.

Also they will come down in price after they are in the hands of folks. Not everyone will pay that much for a phone before it is proven worth the money.

25. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Same hear, unless I come to my senses and restrain myself. :cool: :apple: