I feel light I might have backlight bleed. Help me check.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SoulLife9z, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SoulLife9z macrumors newbie

To me it looks like I might have backlight bleed at the bottom of the screen.

Is it really an issue?

Attached Files:

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Based off those pictures, I definitely think you have light bleed in various areas. Rather it bothers you or not, it's up to you and if affects your work/personal experience with the MacBook.

3. SoulLife9z thread starter macrumors newbie

If i dont like it. Should I talk to apple store about fixing it or should i exchange it?

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

How long have you had it?

5. SoulLife9z thread starter macrumors newbie

3 days but then again, do all screens have some sort of bleed? I think if I exchange it, the next one might have some too.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Not all screens have light bleed. Some are more minimal than others. Some never think to look for light Bleed. If it bothers you, then take advantage of the return period or Contact Apple. If you have the mindset that the next MacBook will have issues with something, you will likely find it.

Your pictures looks like it has more than I would accept.

7. SoulLife9z thread starter macrumors newbie

I feel like at a normal glance, people can't really notice it. So if Best Buy customer service ask me why I am exchanging..I am not even sure what I should say or show. This will be my 2nd exchange at Best Buy within the 14 days exchange period lol! They'll probably think "wtf this guy is exchanging again." but yeah this is really bothering me, every time I am on a white page. the bottom looks blackish with shadows.

8. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

Within the 14 day period I don't think you need a reason other than that you are not happy with it.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 5, 2017 ---
    NO REASON NEEDED!

Standard Return Policy

We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need.
    { We understand, however, that SOMETIMES A PRODUCT MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU EXPECTED IT TO BE }.
    In that unlikely event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product.