I Feel Like a 10 Year Old!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anirban, Jun 19, 2007.

1. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

I just received my new 15" 2.4 MBP, and boyoboy, I feel like a 10 year old who got his first RC car!!

This machine is flipping sweet, and I don't recall having this much joy in opening the other 4 machines I own.

I also had tons of fears about malfunction or manufacturing defects that are posted on the forums (yellow gradient, too much heat, Airport), but thankfully, everything seems to be just right. I am getting great wireless signal, if not better than my Windows counterpart, the screen is bright, and crisp white, the heat is bearable (have not taken actual readings).

I am really enjoying my first Mac, and I have been cuddling it as if it was my first born- wiping it every now and then, using very gentle grips to take it from the table, heck I even wipe the table totally (even though its clean) with swiffer each time I put my laptop down! I have also been driving my roommates crazy by turning the house lights on and off... to check out the sweet keyboard backlighting.

Just wanted to share the excitement with my Mac community! :D

And I guess I have a LOT to learn before I become proficient with OS X.

(And pray to God that nothing breaks in this machine)!

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Congrats on a fine machine :)

you pick up the OS pretty quick, just take it one step at a time - and if all else fails use expose for cool effects and turn the light off to get the keyboard lights on

:apple:

3. Illicit macrumors 6502

don't forget to install quicksilver! :)
    you'll never double-click to open applications again.
    congrats on a first mac!

4. anirban thread starter macrumors 6502a

anirban

Might I Add..

I just finished checking the machine, and there are no dead/stuck pixels on the LCD anywhere. What else do you guys think I should check for?

5. Illicit macrumors 6502

If you can't notice any problems, I recommend you don't go searching for them. Enjoy your mac!

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Macs will do that do you. I'm still excited to open the lid on my Powerbook everyday. I'm about to bust to see/purchase an iPhone!

Congrats on your Mac ownership!

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Congrats on your new Mac.

When I bought my MBP a month ago I had that same feeling. They're not only excellent machines but beautiful too.

Wait until you go to the local cafe and get all those jealous stares from the poor sods using a windows laptop :D

8. ajhaji macrumors regular

I'd just like to chime in and say that I received my MacBook Pro just an hour ago and so far I'm loving it! I haven't found any issues whatsoever with it. The screen is brilliant (and no dead pixels as far as I can see). It runs warm but that was expected. I'll be posting pictures once I get them uploaded. :)

9. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

And why would you want to? Just enjoy your mac.

Congratulations :D

10. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

What is quicksilver?

11. anirban thread starter macrumors 6502a

anirban

Good one! Yeah Im enjoying my first day with my new Macintosh! This one is lame, but I cannot stop smelling the new MBP, its great :D

12. notwist macrumors regular

13. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

14. x Shadow Dragon macrumors regular

no, u can move apps around u can even add some text to a document, u can search through ur bookmarks and a lot of other stuff.

15. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Congrats on your MBP. They're excellent machines. ^^

16. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Like a 10 yr old in the candy store :D Congrats.

17. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

18. Seidoger macrumors newbie

Really?
    From what's in your signature, I don't see the point.

I have a 800mhz Powerbook.. And i still find it very fine, but I will change it for a MBP, hehe now that's a real justified need if you ask me! ;) :apple: :apple:

19. XTRanger macrumors member

hey thats great you got lucky...

do you have any backlight bleeding though?

20. BrandonMatt0718 macrumors member

BrandonMatt0718

Ahhhh, I can't wait until I get my New SR Macbook Pro!!!! and then I too will be able to feel this joy. It's supposed to be ordered for me sometime today; how poetic ordered the same day the Iphone is released.

Does anyone know how long it takes to be delivered from the day its ordered? I'm getting the entry level model with no configuration changes. It will be my first Mac.:D

LOL

21. Sopranino macrumors 6502

Apple computers seem to evoke this kind of response from a lot of people. Ordinary PC's generally don't get much more than a glance from most people, but an Apple makes people want to touch them.

You should have seen how many people wanted to fondle my new (at the time) limegreen iBook G3. Weird and cool all at the same time.

The strange power of Steve Jobs transcends time and space.

Sopranino

22. gosainters macrumors newbie

What sort of screen??

I could have taken delivery of the same MBP but with a matte screen yesterday. I decided to wait for the glossy, which has been on order since June 7. I found it hard to stop the 10-year old in me just running out of the store with my new MBP matte screen. I just love the glossy and hope I don't have to wait too long (being mature and delaying gratification wears thin!)

23. gosainters macrumors newbie

Woo-hoo!!!

According to the apple.com.au website my MBP has been shipped:D :D :D :D :D

24. SirCrumpet macrumors regular

SirCrumpet

Heh - then the hard part is just beginning - try not to waste toooo much time refreshing that tracking page ;)

25. newmacguy88 macrumors member

I know, I must have checked the status every hour! My MBP got here this morning, but before it came I was online checking the status and I was so excited when it finally said: On truck for delivery! It's amazing!