I feel like an idiot :[

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EV0LUTION, Dec 18, 2008.

1. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

This week is exam week at my college. Today I have two exams Macroecon. which was at 10:10 and Western humanities at 3:10. I mixed up the times and showed up to Western Humanities at 10:00 figured out what I had done and sprinted across campus which is about a mile and a half plus some busy streets to make it within 30 seconds of my professor locking the door.

worst academic day of my life!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ouch

did that mistake just cost you your semester? or are your profs understanding?

another reason why it pays to get to finals 30 min before lol

edit: whoops i thought you said 30 sec too late! phew glad you made it!

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

sounds easy enough to get mixed up ... at least you can "sprint" for 1.5 miles. Although i can imagine that would probably hurt your test score.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Good that you made it.

I have a friend who had taken the times down from the preliminary timetable and didn't check the final timetable and they had switched it from afternoon to morning.

He missed the exam by 4 hours. The department let him sit it as a first time attempt in the summer.

5. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

The macro exam wasn't hard at all. My Western Humanities exam is what I'm worried about.

I have never run that fast in my life lol. I think I broke some kind of record.

Edit: this was support to be in the community forum can a mod please move

6. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Ah don't feel bad...happens to all of it.

I had an economics class one time and the class was at 9am. Well the exam schedule made the exam for the class at 8am. I was getting dressed at 8:15am and realized that I had seriously messed up. I ended up getting to class at 9am (an hour late) and told the teacher my car doors were frozen shut. I got a C on the exam.

Saw the teacher at Sears months later and he invited me to go play basketball for some reason.

7. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Yea I had a chem final last year where for who knows what reason the professor decided to have it for two hours in the middle of the day (it's normally a 1 hour class). I didn't really put two and two together until the day before, but this change in time meant that my Chemical Engineering final started an hour before the Chem one ended. Of course me, being the idiot I am didn't let the professors know about my situation, and instead rushed through my Chem final, didn't check anything over, and sprinted to the Chem Eng one with moments to spare. I still got a B in the Chem class, but probably would have had an A if I hadn't done that :rolleyes:

8. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

Yea when I sat down my professor looked at me, shook his head, and locked the door. I was sweating bullets.

9. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

I saw a few people sprinting around campus a few days ago when I was walking to my finals. :p I felt sorta bad for them.

10. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

A few semesters ago I took a hybrid class (part online, part in person) for a computer class I had to take for my general education requirements. All of the lessons were done online, and we had to show up five times in person during the semester to take our exams. I had no problem remembering to go to the exams throughout the semester, but I completely forgot about the final exam until a day after it was scheduled. I never imagined I could forget to take a final, but I did. Luckily I still passed the class, but I felt like an idiot for days afterward.

11. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I completely slept thru one of my finals when I was in college. Thankfully I had a good relationship w/the the prof and he let me take the exam at a later date. All worked out in the end, but when I woke up and looked at my alarm clock I just about had a heart attack.

Lethal

12. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

And then for ten years after you graduate, you will occasionally have those nightmares that you forgot to attend one particular class for a whole semester. ;)

13. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

It sounds like when I go to college (I'm a junior in high school) that my Cross Country and Track running will come in handy if that ever happened to me. :cool:

14. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

I had a professor forget about a final exam this week, he's really a quality professor. How do you forget a final exam that is at the same time on the same day the class usually meets? I don't get it.:confused: Thank God I don't have any more classes with him.

15. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

That must suck.
    I'm glad you made it.
    So how did you do on your exams?

16. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

Oh, I hate those! They are such a specific category of dream; they must mean something.

17. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

84% on macro still waiting on my WH class

18. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Why do they lock the door? That makes virtually no sense. I GUESS I could understand cause they don't want people disturbing coming in late, but c'mon.... when you think about it it makes no sense.
    Or is there a cheating scheme I never thought of?

19. coins329 macrumors newbie

Need some help

i can't download books form cd into i itunes--- could the last time i tried in late oct--- have new version of itunes 8.0 the join cd tracks under advanced does not work----- any ideas???

20. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

It is a stupid practice. You just end up getting kids banging on the door tell someone tells them to leave.

21. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Lol, I award thee with the honor of "Thread Hijacking of the Year" :D.

22. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

NOOO I WAS HIJACKED

23. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

To make you feel better by showing you this happens to other people without major repercussions (and to get the thread back on topic), let me tell you about one of my classes that ended last week. The class normally met Tuesday evenings from 5:45-8:15, but our final exam was scheduled for Tuesday the 9th from 5-7. This information was in the final exam schedule and mentioned in my last lecture (and my lectures are available to the students online). One of my foreign students either forgot or misunderstood this information and showed up for the final exam at 5:45. He was distraught and wanted me to give him an extra 45 minutes for his exam (I couldn't), and so he finally got down to taking the test. In spite of these difficulties, he did fine, as I'm sure you did on your finals. Moral of the story: this is how we learn difficult lessons (I've done the same myself in my student days, and thank goodness for nice professors).

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

it happens. most profs are pretty cool about it.

In my 2nd year of college I got my exam times mix up and did not go to one of my exams because it was 2 days later. Showed up realized got the times cross. The prof was pretty cool and just let me take it with his other class. I had a solid A in his class before hand though so he just let me slid with it.

I was in a panic when I first realized I did that.

25. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Re: I feel like an idiot :[

Don't worry much, until you start looking like one.