I feel like an idiot...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kim6ball, Dec 10, 2009.

1. kim6ball macrumors member

I used my mac in a school presentation, keynote, and I felt like an idiot. I felt like some type of nerd and crap. The keynote thing had two different screens one was normal which i put on the projector, the other was in rehearsal mode which was on the computer screen. Is this stupid?

2. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

What? Would you like to rephrase what you said so that it is coherent?

3. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Why would you feel like an idiot or nerd for giving a presentation? From your description, you probably are in middle or high school. The assignment was mandatory and you were just doing your work. I don't think you are going to get much validation from the forum members. Also, you shouldn't care what other people think. Apparently you are an Apple fan; have you ever heard their quote, "Think Differently?"

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

if you talked like how you posted, i.e., not making any sense, then yeah I see your point.

5. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I suspect a young teen

6. DazBrowne macrumors member

7. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

think different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_Different

from - http://www.inventionconvention.com/grammar.html

8. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

9. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Why would you rather use Powerpoint...lol. :rolleyes:

10. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

welcome! :)

11. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Yeah, it is very stupid, because it is so uncool to give Keynote presentations in rehearsal mode on the computer screen. Doing drugs and alcohol, on the other hand, is way, way cooler, like, dude!

But seriously, I always do my presentations with my screen in rehearsal mode because it allows me to look at the timer and the upcoming slide.

12. kim6ball thread starter macrumors member

Oh yeah, the other people in the group didn't know what was really going on because it was a mac, so, that felt kinda weird. I also accidentally clicked the slide during one of the other peoples speeches which is probably where my stupidness came from. Keynote is definitely better than powerpoint though.

13. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

You youngster you.

I bet you were using the WeeBoy Pro too. :D

14. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I haven't touched PowerPoint in years because of Keynote. The dual screens it shows on the Mac's screen are extremely helpful. The left shows what is currently being projected and time of day. The right shows what will be displayed after the next click and how long you've been presenting. This is very helpful when trying to meet a time deadline. Keynote is a far superior way of giving presentations. PowerPoint seems stuck in 1993.

15. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

and the PCgang probably took the **** out of your ass when you have finished presentation? well, go then, young bill, and join them. Apple kicks ass and keynote is waaaay better than powerpoint

 for life 

16. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Not my most constructive post but;

If you feel like an idiot; then you probably are.

If you don't like giving presentations using keynote that way, don't do it.

17. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

This thread makes absolutely no sense and it made me laugh. Thank you.

18. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Office has the same mode

I have Office for Mac 2008 on my MacBook (got it for free from my school), and to my amazment, when I had a second display hooked and went to practice my Masters Defense, it went into the same mode as you all are reffering to with Keynote. It's a great feature. It showed me how long I had been talking, what was coming up next and had a spot for notes. So while I don't particularly care for Microsoft, Office for Mac isn't horrible and has a lot of the same features as iWork.

19. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I think you should've made a rehearsal before you give the keynote, whether your 16 or 45 it's good to try everything out before having 60 people in front of you, Macs are not nerdy! PCs are, here people rather think that you're a cool guy with a mac than with a random PC and as far as i know, teens are in love with apple products

20. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

It sounds likes your experience will only make your next Keynote even better!