I feel like I got ripped off...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by queshy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

So two weeks ago I bought a new macbook pro. I missed out on the smaller power brick and on iLife 08. It says I can only upgrade for 10$ if I bought the mbp today...

however I want to buy iLife anyway for my iMac and my family wants iLife on the macbook, so family pack it is!

but the power brick...ouch. i called the apple store and said they couldn't swap it :(

2. Revolutionary macrumors newbie

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It's only a power brick, you never look at it. Although I can see your complaint with iLife 08 though, that is quite annoying that they only let you have it at a cheap price if you buy it the day it is released. They should have extended that to two weeks before it came out.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it does suck, but you did get what you paid for. if you'd voiced yourself earlier about the power adapter when it first came out, i think you could have worked something out, since the timing of the purchase and release was so close. sucks nonetheless.

it's "only" a power brick, sure, but it makes a difference with a laptop. especially if you're looking for portability, a little room here and a little weight there help a lot.

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I'm sorry you feel ripped off... It is just a power brick but that is at least somewhat merited a gripe. As for iLife though, honestly that's on you. I mean it's not like it's a secret that an iLife update was due. It's not like you've got nothing, you've got an amazing machine and still great software. Enjoy it. There will always be something better coming out, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy what you have.

6. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

its funny though because if you go to apple.com and do the "iLife upgrade" for 10 bucks it asks you when you purchased your machine. I typed in July 19th and it doesn't let me go through. If you type in August 7, it lets you place an order! All it asks for is the serial # for the computer. Should I do it? The way I see it though is that I will buy iLife for my iMac anyway, so blah.

But I called the apple store where I bought it from the DAY the power brick was announced and they refused to give it to me. BOO!