iPad I feel like I have a new iPad after installing iOS 9

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Charliebird, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

After installing iOS 9 on my iPad Air 2 it's like a whole new device. The folders are bigger to better organize my apps. Split screen mode is so handly so I can research something without having to close an application. Everything seems optimized and works just a little more smoothly. Safari can show more bookmarks on the favorite screen. I'm really glad Apple decided to finally show a little iOS love for iPads.

2. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

:eek:

aside from the split view feature, it is thoroughly enjoyed on my mini 3 as well...just waiting for more apps to add support for the PIP feature. My device feels snappier for sure.

3. NAYo2002 macrumors 6502

I ordered an iPad mini 4 but my mini 2 seems to be running faster with iOS 9.

4. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

I'm thoroughly enjoying split screen in just the ~30 minutes I've been using it so far. Really is a handy feature!

5. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

My air 1 is scrolling smooth as hell. Much less herky jerk.

6. Investor27 macrumors regular

Are you guys seeing the Low Power option on your iPads? It's not there on both of my iPad mini and min Retina, and I'm now at 55% battery capacity.

7. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I've been running the beta, definitely has been nice.

8. tillsbury macrumors 65816

And installing Crystal makes browsing several times faster. Completely different experience... now I actually want to browse the net on the ipad rather than moving to the computer...

9. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

to my knowledge, that option is just for iPhones.

10. rokey macrumors member

I'm excited to hear that your devices are collectively running more quickly. The funny thing is that, people generally do say that after each update and upgrade. Typically what makes the devices seem faster is that they actually restarted their devices. Though I am aware that iOS 9 is built to be more snappy.

I guess what I am saying is... restart your devices more often, like once a week or so; and don't do that by holding both buttons until you see the Apple icon. This is a force restart and does not have all of the same benefits of the proper shutdown and reboot process.

11. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Content blockers are awesome. Safari no longer sucks.

12. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I've noticed too when I'm on a website with lots of large photos (like dailymail.com) that scrolling is much better. Used to be you'd scroll and half the page was white for a few seconds as the images lagged behind.

13. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

100% agree. My iPad Air 2 is now my go-to device now with the multitasking (I have an iPhone 6 & MacBook Pro as well). I constantly browse Safari & get iMessages, so side-by-side is perfect. It's very fluid too (I thought it was been choppy). Plus, the trackpad feature has been handy when editing notes (though it is quirky ever now & then).

Apple definitely upped productivity (or at least usefulness) on the iPad.

14. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

It's running amazingly well on my old iPad 4, it feels new again. I think I'll keep it for another year. It's missing some of the multitasking stuff because of the 1GB ram, but I'm enjoying it. Way better than 8.4.1.

15. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

16. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

That is the main reason for Apple to convince Android fanboys over to iPad with iOS 9.

17. Wahlstrm macrumors 6502a

Wahlstrm

My old iPad2 feels better and might last me another year now :)
    Want that mini 4, but guessing that waiting for the mini 5 with the A8x won't kill me :)

18. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

Safari with Crystal enhanced my mobile browsing experience tremendously. Never thought I'd see this.