Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

throttlemeister

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Netherlands
Not only did I get Lion immediately when I could, but I just also ordered the new mini server. To be honest, I was on the fence to buy one when the rumors about a new mini to be released with Lion heated up, so I waited a little bit. I'll upgrade the memory to 8GB - 200 euro for 8GB option, Apple, what are you thinking?? I'll get it from OWC for 60 euro ($85) instead.

This little thing will do just fine as a multimedia/web/file/mail/download server.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Not only did I get Lion immediately when I could, but I just also ordered the new mini server. To be honest, I was on the fence to buy one when the rumors about a new mini to be released with Lion heated up, so I waited a little bit. I'll upgrade the memory to 8GB - 200 euro for 8GB option, Apple, what are you thinking?? I'll get it from OWC for 60 euro ($85) instead.

This little thing will do just fine as a multimedia/web/file/mail/download server.

Same here!!! :p

Downloaded Lion right away then drove to my Apple store where they were all ready to sell me a new Mini but Apple Corporate is too smart for them as the Mini's and Air's are not in the system yet and therefore could not be rung up.

Damn! Now I gotta wait till TOMORROW! :eek:

MTI

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Well, at least there won't be a gazillion posts like in the iPad and iMac forums about "backlight bleed" and "yellow displays!" :D

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Yeh, I'm a fanboy too. Couldn't even wait for a few reviews and benchmarks, or Lion 10.7.2 lol. Ordered the mini server w/ ssd + 750GB option.:rolleyes:

jonjon1

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
And how does Lion work? Is it really compatible with all the apps? or programs like Archicad, Autocad, CS5?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.