I feel like such a fan-boy...

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by throttlemeister, Jul 20, 2011.

1. throttlemeister macrumors 6502a

Not only did I get Lion immediately when I could, but I just also ordered the new mini server. To be honest, I was on the fence to buy one when the rumors about a new mini to be released with Lion heated up, so I waited a little bit. I'll upgrade the memory to 8GB - 200 euro for 8GB option, Apple, what are you thinking?? I'll get it from OWC for 60 euro ($85) instead.

This little thing will do just fine as a multimedia/web/file/mail/download server.

2. simsaladimbamba

As replacing RAM in the 2010 and 2011 Mac mini is quite easy, save the money and go via OWC.

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Same here!!! :p

Downloaded Lion right away then drove to my Apple store where they were all ready to sell me a new Mini but Apple Corporate is too smart for them as the Mini's and Air's are not in the system yet and therefore could not be rung up.

Damn! Now I gotta wait till TOMORROW! :eek:

4. throttlemeister thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I am doing. :D

5. MTI macrumors 65816

Well, at least there won't be a gazillion posts like in the iPad and iMac forums about "backlight bleed" and "yellow displays!" :D

6. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Yeh, I'm a fanboy too. Couldn't even wait for a few reviews and benchmarks, or Lion 10.7.2 lol. Ordered the mini server w/ ssd + 750GB option.:rolleyes:

7. jonjon1 macrumors newbie

And how does Lion work? Is it really compatible with all the apps? or programs like Archicad, Autocad, CS5?

8. kerplunknet macrumors member

It's because $29.99 is an amazing, no-brainer price for an OS upgrade. Apple has never hosed you for being responsible and buying their OS rather than pirating it.