I feel miserable

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Apr 30, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I've just felt physically miserable for the past 5 days. I feel tired, and droopy. I've been moving in slow motion, and I am not feeling talkative at all. I have been like this since I fell ill last Wednesday. I need to be doing school work, but I am not motivated at all. I feel like I'm just existing right now.
    I'm sick of feeling like this, any suggestions?

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Make the effort to achieve things, I fall into this behavior far too often and the only way i get out of it is by getting out and doing things like cycling around town for an hour or two or doing some physics work.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

see a doctor/therapist

change things up. you're obviously stuck in a rut. do something today that you wouldn't normally do.

5. BigPrince macrumors 68020

common, love is not that exhausting.

I have not felt the same since December of my Sophomore year of High School when I got really really sick. I have been tested for mono 4 times, Lyme disease 4 times and w/e else my doctor could up with.

Exercise is the only thing that makes me feel good and helps me get over the exhaustion that I was constantly feeling. It's also a part of growing up, or at least thats my doctor told me to help me clam down.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Dude, it's just 5 days, I've opted out of life for at the longest two months and come out of it without needing therapy. Going and whining to a doctor or therapist is sometimes needed but sometimes you just have a bad week, a doctor's likely to just be dismissive unless there's a long term problem which ghall has not said there is.

The first line of defence is getting on your own two feet, if you really can't do that then see a doc.

Walk the world a spell, go to the park or even do some volenteer work if you have the spare time.

7. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I'm gonna try to get some exercise today, it's just that it's the last thing I feel like doing.
    This whole thing is really discouraging since I recently changed my diet to be much more healthy, yet I feel worse.

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    [Adam Savage]Well there's your problem.[/Adam Savage]

9. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

What do you mean?
    Are you saying that my change in diet caused this?

10. noaccess macrumors 6502

I agree about the second part. About seeing a doctor, they'll most likely not be able to diagnose you with anything unless you've been feeling like this for 2 weeks straight.

A therapist however would be a lot better, if only for the fact that there's no chance you'll be doped with any drugs unnecessary at the moment. If you feel like this often, then definitely getting a therapist is the way to go.

EDIT: Come to think of it, maybe seeing a doctor might be worth it, there is other stuff that might be causing these symptoms, like hypothyroidism. You might want to rule that out, because getting a blood test and taking thyroxin substitutes beats meddling with your brain (antidepressants) by a long shot because some Dr. didn't consider checking your thyroid hormone levels in the first place. Just a suggestion.

11. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

Quite possibly, I stopped drinking cola and stuff like that for a while, and I felt really weird. Recently I stopped eating pork and I feel way more tired, but I think that is just because I'm not doing anything work/school wise.

12. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Huh...I never really thought of that. Of course, my body will readjust soon, right?

13. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

dude its five days, try feeling like that for 6weeks. its not fun but you need to get out and enjoy yourself

14. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Quite possible. I knew someone who got Asthma when he left smog soaked LA.

Your body should adjust to the healthy lifestyle but it will take a week or two.

15. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

So from where I sit, you decided to radically change your diet and got what may or may not have been a flu (both of which can last for a couple of weeks), AND start a relationship (the effects of which last a life time), AND handle year end school stuff.
    What part of stress don't you understand?
    Be kind to yourself. Watch some DVD's (something funny and stupid; I recommend Zoolander or Austin Powers) and chill. Things will get better either in a couple of weeks or when you're 25.;)

16. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Um, what about school......and the girl?

BTW, I love Zoolander. :D

17. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, always cheers me up, that Carleton cracks me up.

18. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Wait, you guys aren't suggesting I stay home from school for the next week, are you? :confused:
    Could it really be that bad?

19. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Are you asking for a doctor's note :p

20. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

No, I'm just trying to figure out what your suggesting.

21. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

I'm suggesting that if you can, just calm down long to parse out what you're going through. If you have a fever that lingers, aches and pains that seem like a flu, you go to a doctor. If you're feeling woozy withough having a cold, go to a doctor to see if you have some underlying dietary or other medical issues. If you're love-sick, welcome to the human race. Only the first thing may mean cancelling school, though. :(

22. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Oh, believe me I want to go to school (if only to talk to the girl ;) ), but I'm doing whatever I can to relax whenever I can. I really can't have the flu now, between my school work and my personal life, I just don't have the time.

23. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Exercise. Thats what works for me really really well.

24. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

So, I decided (against my better judgement) to stay home from school today. I am also getting in touch with my doctor to see if he knows what could be up with me. Meanwhile, my appetite is slowly returning, and I actually feel like getting some exercise today. Things are starting to look good. :)

Well, if it makes you happy, I just watched both parts of The Best of Both Worlds (the episode where Picard gets captured by the Borg), and that seemed to clear up my head a bit. :D