I feel really stupid.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by StruckANerve, Dec 31, 2008.

1. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Hello all. I just found these forums today. I bought a 20" iMac 2.66, 2g, 500 hd the other day and am just waiting for it to be delivered to my house. Reading these boards has now made me realize I made a stupid mistake and should have waited.

Does anyone think it's possible that I could take my unopened comp to the Apple store and they would exchange it for a newer model and I will pay the difference?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There had better not be a difference. Yes, this is possible. Keep it until the sixth. If nothing happens, open it.

For future reference, Apple has their return policy on their website.

3. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

isn't there like a 14 day policy that you can return something if it's upgraded?

4. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Why don't you call and ask Apple

5. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

Did you buy from Apple? Just don't open it and you should have 14 days to return.

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

As stated, Apple has a 14 day return policy, if the packaging has been opened, you'll pay a 10% restocking fee, so do not open it yet if you are truly worried about them updating it. So check when your 14 days would be reached, and if it is after the 6th, then just keep the computer (unopened) until then to see. If the 14 days would be reached before the 6th, then return it now for a full refund if you are really worried about a new one being released, and then just purchase a new one after the 6th with the refund money.

But just a heads up, the products announced at Macworld (if any) may not be available immediately, and you may have to wait a month or two months before you can get them.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

All purchases made since October have had their return time extended to January 9th.

8. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Thats good, first I have heard of that, thanks for that update, I feel stupid now....

9. Yerman macrumors member

They have? Is there documentation about this somewhere?

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes... I... forget the link. It was on the Apple site, though. It's official. Trust me. :D

11. Yerman macrumors member

Darn, I bought my iMac on October 9th.

From Apple...

Items purchased at the Apple Online Store between October 31, 2008 and December 24, 2008, may be returned through January 9, 2009. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased, including the assessment of a 10% restocking fee on any open box item. All purchases made after December 24, 2008 are subject to the standard Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy, which requires returns to be made within 14 calendar days of the date of receipt. For more information, refer to the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy.

12. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Oh I did not know that...........O.O

13. StruckANerve thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your help, guys. The thought of having to wait even longer is maddening. I am very impatient and have been so excited about finally getting a new Mac. I hope the wait will be worth it.

14. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

If it's BTO there's no returning it.

Firstly, there's no proof new iMacs are coming. Secondly, if you do call Apple when you get it they'll do something if you don't want it. I'm pretty sure that if it's not open they'll make an exception and return it for you.