I feel sick... (dent in MBP lid)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klymr, Jul 30, 2007.

1. klymr macrumors 65816

I was working on homework this morning and grabbed the USB cable to the printer so I could print some papers when...BAM...I dropped the end of the cable onto the lid of the MBP. Now there is a nice scar on the lid. Luckily it's just tiny, but I felt soooo sick after hearing it go thud. I am sure it will be ok. I may even be able to fix it myself (make the shiny spot brushed again). Just thought I'd share the story of my misfortune. :(

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

don't consider it a scar, consider it a beauty mark. personality. a way to identify YOUR mac easier. :D

3. bartelby macrumors Core

Or just think of it as wear and tear, such as you get from using things...

4. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

I was just thinking that! It's character. It shows that it is not only loved for it's beauty, but also for it's use. I am over it now. I just hate ruining things that look so nice. Oh well, eh? Although, I think I might be getting a Speck case (or similar hard case) to protect from something similar that might not have the same outcome.

5. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Speaking of ruining something that looks nice, putting a hard case around a MBP is the worst crime of all.

6. MaddieBrad macrumors regular

MaddieBrad

why?

the speck cases look great

7. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

It takes a lot to make a MacBook Pro or Albook not look beautiful. I wouldn't worry about it too much. ^^

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I had the edge of a table put a 4" groove in my PB, I was deeply depressed. It's hard to think of a USD cable making a dent, but I have seen weirder.

9. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

post a pic of the this so called beauty mark. A closeup and a far away one would be nice.

i fear the day that i would treat my baby so badly. :eek:

10. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not a big dent on mine. I don't have a camera that would focus close enough to get a shot of it actually. I'm over it. It's gunna get banged up, I just felt bad at the time. After all, it's just a computer. There are better things to stress out over. :p

11. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I am sure we can all provide our own horror stories to make you feel better...

- I had a skateboard flip upside down and scratch the top of a powerbook.
    - My friend spilled tea all over the keyboard of my ibook.

I think there was a guy on here a while ago who had accidentally dropped his powerbook off a ledge of a balcony

12. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

I think it was just the first initial shock reaction, kinda like watching your kid break their arm. I'm over it now. I realize things could be worse, and this sort of stuff happens.

Besides, I believe we have some aluminum paint in a rattle can around somewhere. I could always dab a bit on the dent with a toothpick to cover up the little shiny spot. But I'm not that desperate!

13. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

That's all it took? One hit from a USB cable -- and it's DENTED?

Wow... doesn't make me feel too good about the MBP's exterior.

14. Cookiemonster macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

Oh Im sorry but when I heard that it fell off a balcony I couldnt stop laughing hahahahahahah what was he/she thinking?! goodness, I cant imagine what it look like after the fall if it was a long one :S .?

15. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

And that left one hell of a beauty mark :p

Attached Files: