I felt embarrassed going to a cafe today

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ELYEN01, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELYEN01, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013

ELYEN01 macrumors newbie

I just wanted to express my feeling for not having my MacBook with me on the go.

I have both the MacBook air and the Microsoft Surface Pro. I usually bring my MBA with me, but since the MBA is still being charged, so I brought my MS Surface Pro to the typical Café that I usually go to in San Francisco on Columbus street in the North Beach district.

Today, the is like 11 people out of 14 were having their Apple laptops from all ages in the café, which I felt like I was living on the other side of the world. The other three laptops were Dell, Acers, etc. :eek:

Anyway, I felt I should have waited until my MacBook Air charged up next time before I go to the café. ;)

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

So you're worried that not having your Mac with you diminished you in the eyes of others?

Really!?

Your self concept is so fragile that you worry about others not seeing you with your Mac?

Really?!

3. ELYEN01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I just think that Mac is becoming part of the culture. ;)

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I should have stopped reading at this point, unfortunately, I did not.:(

If your personal feelings are so tied up with using the same computer as "culture" does, then perhaps you should speak with a professional therapist.:rolleyes:

5. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I saw you there!!!!!!!! You looked really odd and out of place. I totally looked down upon you! I hope you feel bad now!

:rolleyes:

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You should feel embarrassed, although not for the reason which you claim!

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

First of all, smoking a little pot does not make one a "thug"; certainly not one that should be stalked and shot, wait...what the hell is this thread about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.