I finally bought it =D

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by poozer115, Jul 5, 2009.

1. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

Well two days ago I purchased a Rev. A refurbished MBP. It's the 2.4 ghz model. I'm planning on also purchasing a Protech matte screen protector. is this a good model, or is there a better matte screen protector out there?
    Also I've read about how easily the new MB and MBP keys wear. Is it worthwhile to buy a silicon keyboard protector, or can you replace worn keys by yourself cheaply? Thanks =D!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I like my iSkin Pro Touch. It does however require pushing on the keys a tad harder, but it also silences the banging effect, which is something I like to do a lot.

But seriously, there is a sticky for this purpose. (Shakes head)

3. coolbreeze macrumors 65832

4. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Do not buy a skin. Your Mac breaths through its keyboard so preventing it thus you're simply storing up future problems.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I ran test on my old MacBook Pro before doing this for that exact purpose. It was 1 degree hotter. Which could have easily been caused by the temperature in my house and the amount of light it was getting.

Water down the keyboard is infinitely times worse then air up the keyboard.

6. poozer115 thread starter macrumors regular

poozer115

Ok thanks for the tip :eek:. So I guess it's no skin for me. Is it relatively cheap/easy to replace a worn keyboard though?

7. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Dude, you just bought your mac 2 days ago. Use it like it was intended and stop worrying about these things. :)

And rumor has it that the keyboard works fine even if the keys get shiny.

8. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

I'd say the same!
    Be happy! It was made to be used, not to make your personal barbie doll!
    :)

9. coolbreeze macrumors 65832

I have a skin because my two dogs shed like no other. The amount of hair that accumulates underneath keys is stunning.

I'll take one degree hotter for no hair/crumbs/spills to seep into my unibody. Cheap insurance.