I Finally Did It!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Incredible, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Ordered my Verizon iPhone just now. As well as a custom Gelaskin, and the Reventon Yellow SGP Neo Hybrid Ex case.

I was originally going to buy it tomorrow from the apple store or Verizon store, but I wasn't sure if my $30 discount would've applied to my purchase, so I ordered it for $233.36 (including tax). I still have to go get my AppleCare warranty, as soon as my phone arrives.

Quick question about my bill though, not sure if anyone here can help.

When I logged into my Verizon account online, I clicked on Change Features to add the Unlimited Data plan. After I added it, I than removed it like less than 5 minutes later, because when I clicked to upgrade my phone, I was able to select the unlimited data plan.

Also, my bill is due next month on the 15th. I owe $58.36. But since I clicked on the unlimited data. Am I going to be paying the extra amount for next months bill?

I'm just a bit worried (not sure why), cause I selected/unselected Unlimited Data a few times, and not sure what to expect on my bill.

Anyway, my phone should arrive by Sunday, latest on Monday before 3pm.

My skin should arrive in a week, and I give a week for my case also.

2. Dandrews524, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011

Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

where are you located that you could get it delivered on a sunday?

im not sure why youre worried either. i dont think it would show up until your bill in april, but youre gonna have to pay it regardless so no sense in worrying about it

3. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah, I forgot >.<

So, since it says 2-Day by 7pm. Does that mean I should be getting it this Monday, or tuesday?

4. Fresh1 macrumors regular

Probably on Tuesday. And just a heads up, but your phone might get to you before your tracking info updates. I've had that happen on a few items.

5. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm fine with that. Would I need to be home to sign for the package? The reason why I ask, is that I got a class at 6:30pm, and might go to school early.

I wouldn't want them to show up, and I'm not there for a signature, and than they decide to deliver it on another day. (Can they even do that?)

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yes, you will need to sign for it, but you might get away with leaving a signed note for the carrier.

7. 24usedtorock macrumors regular

Depends on the driver, re: will they deliver if a signed note is left. Most are lazy and if nobody is home, they'd rather waddle back to their trucks and move onto the next stop. I'd also say there's a degree of risk in doing so.

8. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

You are going to regret this purchase when the iPhone 5 comes out in June.

9. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn, ok. I'll just be home until 6pm on both Monday n Tuesday. I really hope the driver doesn't come after 6pm, I highly doubt it'll arrive that late. right?

10. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OKd_qLU1aA

^I have been stuck with that **** phone for almost 2 years! (2 years this April).

Trust me, I am more than happy to have a Verizon iPhone 4. I still use my iPhone 2G as an iPod, it works completely fine.

This iPhone 4 is going to last me, and work perfectly fine.

Besides, I see this new upgrade similar to the 3G to 3GS. No change in appearance, just hardware upgrades.

Plus, I should be able to upgrade in October 2011, and by than, it will be a redesign, AND on 4G LTE.

:D

11. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

I also feel you are going to regret this purchase since the iPhone 5 will be out soon. Enjoy your new toy though. I'm in the same boat with a crappy phone but I'm holding out a few months longer for the iPhone 5.

12. Roadking macrumors 6502

I don't think you will regret it.

Enjoy the phone. If you have to have the next one... just sell your current one then.

Good job!

13. ApexBoost macrumors member

Congrats, I just picked up my Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and its absolutely amazing.

I'm with you on not worrying about the iPhone 5, I came from an EnV Touch that was worthless and needed something now. Not to mention I don't need to have the newest thing right away, I mean I just now jumped on the iPhone bandwagon.

Enjoy your phone, I'm sure you will.

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i would have taken all of the phones above over my last phone before getting my veriphone... the original BB storm :eek: what a piece of crap that was from day one...
    I too am not worried about the "new" iphone. I see it like the previous 3g to 3gs upgrade.
    Enjoy your iphones on a network that actually lets you talk on the phone :p

15. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know how many people here agree with me, but honestly.

I've had a **** phone for almost 2 years. I am upgrading to one of the best phones of 2011. This phone will still be amazing by the time I upgrade again in October 2012. Because by than, I will have a remodeled 4G LTE Verizon iPhone.

Honestly, I MIGHT regret it when I see the next thing come out (it's like that with EVERYONE, we all want the newest and best). But when having such a horrible phone, it changes your view towards technology, it makes you humble with what you get next, because that's how I am towards my purchase.

Plus, with the custom skin. My phone is going to be a one of a kind, and I love the whole individuality thing. :D

16. Rodvette macrumors regular

The people that disagree with you obviously never owned a Samsung Glyde. I owned one, so I feel your pain my brotha lmao. I made the jump to the V iphone and I don't care about the summer update. If I have to the one that people are anticipating this summer, I will simply sell my V iphone 4 and get the new one, simple as that. :)

17. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lmao, I know, right? Dude, there are so many scratches on my phone, that outside, when I unlock it (using the side button, hardly the screen), I can't see ****! I literally have to press the phone against my body and lean over (during noon, when the sun is straight up), just to get some shade covering it, so I can BARELY make out what I'm seeing, lol.

I mean, when it comes to my iPhone 2g (using as ipod), the moment I wake it, or unlock it, or anything. I can see it PERFECTLY!

Edit: Also, congrats on your Verizon iPhone 4 purchase. If you can't wait til next fall, than like you said, you can sell it and buy the new one. But I honestly believe it's just going to be hardware specs upgrade, but the phone will remain the same.

I know that I can sell it for the new one, but seriously. I spent $233 for this phone ($30 discount for sticking with the glyde for almost 2 years), I'm not ******** money. I got thousands of dollars worth of bills to pay, I can't afford to spend this much for a phone again.

Besides, I'm waiting for the iPad1 to drop in price, so I can buy it for my birthday (July) :D

18. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quick Question.

I want my iPhone to use Visual Voicemail, but do I have to pay for that? There is a Premium Voicemail option on the Verizon website, but I think that it's different than what the Visual Voicemail is.

So, will I be able to use Visual Voicemail right out of the box, or is it service that I have to pay for?

19. Vice92 macrumors regular

I don't think you have to pay for Visual Voicemail. It comes with the phone. When I ordered my Verizon iPhone, the option was there but it said it was included.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Congrtulations, I hope you enjoy your new phone.

21. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000