Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
After being a dev for a few months now I hadn't been able to install any of the iOS 5 betas, now im on beta 7.

Is there anything I should know, any kind of "secret" features.

And I am a little confused about iCloud...if someone could help me with that it would be great, thanks in advance!!!

twitt3r

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2009
So, er, you have been a developer for a few months, and have been unable to install iOS 5 beta until now? Plus, you don't know what iCloud is or represents? Wow... Still, I guess that for all of the hugely outnumbered amazing apps that are out there, those really naff free ones must come from somewhere!

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I know what iCloud is, however a little bit of it is confusing. Like PhotoStream, I am not so sure about that...but iCloud just stores your information in the cloud. I was just looking for tips bro.

twitt3r

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2009
I know what iCloud is, however a little bit of it is confusing. Like PhotoStream, I am not so sure about that...but iCloud just stores your information in the cloud. I was just looking for tips bro.
Here, try this:

http://tinyurl.com/3k2zd3o

Even me, a non-developer, knows that photo stream simply stores the last 1000 photos in the cloud for you to access from any iOS device. If you want to keep any of the photos for longer, you can just download them to a device and sync locally to get them onto your computer.

tomtom101

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2011
So, er, you have been a developer for a few months, and have been unable to install iOS 5 beta until now? Plus, you don't know what iCloud is or represents? Wow... Still, I guess that for all of the hugely outnumbered amazing apps that are out there, those really naff free ones must come from somewhere!

Jeez... People are getting really catty on these forums!... Im putting it down to the frustration of waiting for the iPhone 5 rather than being just blatantly rude!

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH

Everyone has to start somewhere, but since you are under NDA, try visiting https://devforums.apple.com/community/ios?view=discussions or at the vary least reading about the features from the Apple developer site.

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
After being a dev for a few months now....

"Being a dev" doesn't mean pay $99 to play. You'd actually have to drop code to make that statement. No developer would come to this site and post such questions. Having said that, perhaps some of these responses will assist you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.