I finally got my new MacPro ordered - and with business discount +++ :)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rmpstudio, Apr 24, 2009.

1. rmpstudio macrumors member

Well folks.. thanks for those who helped with my picky ramblings and indecision as i tried to decide what MacPro i was going to buy as an upgrade to my iMac. I finally got permission from my wife and ordered the below configuration and goodies :)

Btw,... i also got $300 off because Apple Rep screwed up and didn't give me my 5% business discount at time of purchase so i had to call back and complain. I didn't notice it until i got the email later in the day and they wanted to cancel the order and have me resubmit,.. i said NOOOOOO. I aint waiting another 3days for my order to start (weekend). So they discounted it $300 - more than 5% :)

2.26 Octo
    6gb RAM
    1TB HD
    ATI Graphics
    wireless mouse
    wireless card

goodies from OWC:
    16GB of RAM
    2 x 300GB Velociraptor Drives
    1 x 1TB Hitachi HD
    1 x 80GB X25-M Intel SSD

Total: $4816

for those who care,.. i'll post after it arrives and i do all of my installing and cleaning and blah blah.. I expect great things (almost more from the drives than from the MacPro but both should do the trick)

2. Boneoh macrumors 6502

Boneoh

Congrats on the new machine! You are getting a very similar setup to mine, with the SSD and 3 x Veloci. It's gonna be fast! :D

3. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

Congrats! I'm on the verge of ordering mine. Probably this weekend. Enjoy! :D:apple:

4. Illicit macrumors 6502

Wow an extra $300 off! Very nice :D
    Congratulations on making the switch

5. grue macrumors 65816

I've never been able to figure out why businesses deserve a discount. After all, they're going to use the machines to make money, whereas a private citizen probably isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I take advantage of it too (here in Australia until recently, you get dealer cost + free 3 year warranty), but it's never made sense to me.

6. Illicit macrumors 6502

Well businesses are after all more likely to buy in bulk than single users. It wouldn't make sense for Apple to consider whether the buyer makes money or not. Apple itself would make more revenue selling 5 business computers at 5% discount than 1 personal computer at 10% discount.

7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....yeah, congrats on the purchase! As soon as I am done with this moving stuff I'll be placing an order too...oh yeah!

8. cmaier macrumors G3

Lower cost of sales.