I finally got the yellow bottom MBP screen, should I keep it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by other, Aug 10, 2007.

1. other macrumors 6502

So I got my third MacBook Pro yesterday. My two previous had LG panels, but this time, I got the Samsung one, and it suffers from the yellow bottom.

On the bright side though, its keyboard is less misaligned than my two previous MBP's, and no fan is broken. Given Apple's trackrecord with sending me broken computers, maybe a yellow bottom on the screen isn't so bad?

I'll begin my university studies in less than two weeks, and I would really like the computer by then. And obviously Apple can't be trusted with sending out a perfectly working one, and I guess a yellow bottom on the screen is better than buying a regular PC and running something besides OS X. :(

Should I just stick with it for now, and maybe take it in for repair in a couple of months when I don't need the computer (urgently)?

2. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

yep, or live with it the next version is always just around the corner.......

3. other thread starter macrumors 6502

4. kolax macrumors G3

I thought I could live with my Samsung yellowed screen, but nope.

It annoyed me so much - I used it for 2 weeks while I waited for my replacement and I couldn't come to terms with it.

If it bugs you, sort it out now - because after a few weeks there'll be nothing you can do about it

5. other thread starter macrumors 6502

But should I go for a repair then? Can the authorized service provider order a LG screen?

I don't want to play the Apple lottery again, even though it sucks to bring a new computer in for repair.

6. chex macrumors regular

i would get another replacement, or a refund and buy it form the store where it will be much easier to replace if necessary

7. other thread starter macrumors 6502

If I buy it in a store I won't get my 10 % discount, so that's not an option (besides, there are no Apple Stores here, only regular stores that sell Apple computers).

8. Freyqq macrumors 68040

mine has the yellow issue as well..but honestly..for mine at least..i didn't even notice it until i did a test on it that someone posted. It's a minor shade yellower than the top.

9. jrocks macrumors member

this is exctly how mine is too. if i never came to these forums i probably would have never noticed it. i really only see it when the screen is all white or mostly all white like these forums are. first i was gonna keep it but now im not too sure as it seems to attract my eyes everytime i use the computer. i dunno, maybe ill get used to it?

10. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

i know looks like a viewing angle.........the next rev will be out soon.......mine seems good.... :)

11. other thread starter macrumors 6502

What are you talking about? The SR MBP was released two months ago, we might not see an update until next year.

And this is not due to the viewing angle.

12. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

so i can live a year with it.....and i said it seemed, not is, you really cant see it, maybe yours is bad mine is so light

13. other thread starter macrumors 6502

I still have no clue what you are talking about. Do you replace your computer every time something new is released? I don't have that kind of money.